Discuss City and Guild 2365 Smart Screen. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been looking for C&G 2365 level 2 past papers online, and I found them on smart screen, but I have first to register as learner which cost £350 0r £800 it depends on which route I'm taking.

I found the price is quite high for past paper exams, or Am I doing something wrong on the registration?

And, anyone knows where I get past papers for a lower price?

Thank you

If you are doing a course with a college, then (from my experience) I'd expect them to give out past papers for free, to practice and get marked. I'd expect the same from more-commercial training outfits, on the assumption it was built into the fees you already paid.

Maybe someone who knows/uses Smart Screen can better comment, but I have the impression this is a system aimed at colleges / tutors / training providers, and you can obtain past papers for use of all your students. Therefore the pricing will reflect this, i.e. not cheap.

You might be better off trying to find someone who has copies of past papers that they no longer need, ...

Maybe someone who knows/uses Smart Screen can better comment, but I have the impression this is a system aimed at colleges / tutors / training providers, and you can obtain past papers for use of all your students. Therefore the pricing will reflect this, i.e. not cheap.

You might be better off trying to find someone who has copies of past papers that they no longer need, ...
Thank you

I have been looking for C&G 2365 level 2 past papers online, and I found them on smart screen, but I have first to register as learner which cost £350 0r £800 it depends on which route I'm taking.

I found the price is quite high for past paper exams, or Am I doing something wrong on the registration?

And, anyone knows where I get past papers for a lower price?

Thank you

I would suggest you buy the C&G 2365 L2 and L3 Books, work through them and you will have no issues, you don't need past papers for Level 2 or 3 come to that, there are a load of resources available on Swindon Massive, 2365 Index it will be far cheaper to obtain their CD of info, if you work through their L2 2365 multi choice questions you will be fine for all exams at Level 2!

Also consider joining the IET as a student as all refernce books are a lot cheaper, the membership at £20 is well worth it.

The learning Lounge is also a good resource which I use, Learning Lounge - the flexible online learning resource for education and commerce - techincal training, health and safety, and corporate communications. it has great practical videos.

Good Luck

Smartscreen is crap even for colleges as far I am concerned, you would get much better info from books. I find if providers rely on Smartscreen then they are quite poor and have lazy staff. If you want a good exam simulator try mine, its probably not the best but its free and better than past papers Exam simulator.

Remember its free and years of hard work went into it.

Say no more . That is dedication in action.

I would suggest you buy the C&G 2365 L2 and L3 Books, work through them and you will have no issues, you don't need past papers for Level 2 or 3 come to that, there are a load of resources available on Swindon Massive, 2365 Index it will be far cheaper to obtain their CD of info, if you work through their L2 2365 multi choice questions you will be fine for all exams at Level 2!

Also consider joining the IET as a student as all refernce books are a lot cheaper, the membership at £20 is well worth it.

The learning Lounge is also a good resource which I use, Learning Lounge - the flexible online learning resource for education and commerce - techincal training, health and safety, and corporate communications. it has great practical videos.

Good Luck

I have bought " Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365 Textbook" at Amazon. It is a very good book, but I want to start practice with some questions.

I will join the IET.

Bless you.

Smartscreen is crap even for colleges as far I am concerned, you would get much better info from books. I find if providers rely on Smartscreen then they are quite poor and have lazy staff. If you want a good exam simulator try mine, its probably not the best but its free and better than past papers Exam simulator.

Remember its free and years of hard work went into it.

You are doing a magnificent job mate.

I have started to practice but when I have reached question 38 it didn't upload. Is it okay with the apple computer?

Again, excellent job mate.

Thanks Lewisham

No not normally, I've had a lot of students using their ipads to complete the exam simulators and it works fine. Did it just happen once?

Some students in the past have said that the exam ended early but I think this was due to either internet connection or something with the server. The exam simulator is on my actual website, which isn't really designed for this sort of application so from time to time I expect to see some errors like that.
I tried again, and it was working okay. It could be the internet connection.

Thanks

Hi,

First, C&G do not give out or sell actual live exam questions. However, they make 5 or 6 questions for each question slot (if that makes sense). Therefore their sample questions are as close as possible to the live questions. Well that is the theory.

All colleges have access to smartscreen and EAL's version (I am not too familiar with EALs site). As part of the course they would offer you some of the questions and others besides. So, the smart money says if your have paid for the course and have the course books ask the lecture when is he or she going to give you some sample/practice questions.

A word of caution here. Do you want to learn the knowledge or just pass the exam? Especially at Level 2, the theory is so simple. It is matter of learning the formulas and knowing when to use them. Level 3 is a bit harder but not by much.

They are many simulators which help build confidence and they only cost maybe £15 or £20 pound. Don't waste your time buying the Ebay past papers and they are only selling stuff that are widely available or old.

Hope this helps and all the best with your studies.

Reply to City and Guild 2365 Smart Screen. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net