Discuss City and Guilds 2392??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sheepysheephead

Hi there,

Im new to the forum, i am looking to complete a C&g 2392, although I will be progressing onto the 2394/2395 course.

Will the 2392 allow me to test and inspect new installations, single phase and pretty much only domestic.

Im only looking to carry out domestic work so thought maybe at this moment 2394/2395 will be excessive?

Thanks.

2394 and 2395 are what you really should be aiming for now to be honest mate, you can pretty much forget the 2392 (unless you want to do it)

It may be excessive now, but who knows whats around the corner - crack on with them, and once you've got them - you've got them.

Ive just booked my 2394, am i right im thinking that with 2394 i can carry out initial inspection and test and then when i do my 2395 i can do the periodic inspection and test

- - - Updated - - -

Ive just booked my 2394, am i right im thinking that with 2394 i can carry out initial inspection and test and then when i do my 2395 i can do the periodic inspection and test

When I did my 2392 I was told to forget the 2394 and just do the 2395 as they are both the same exam apparently??!! yet the 2395 is the most relevant and beneficial. Yet to make up my mind as to if I take the advice or not though....???

The 2392 is good if you have no knollege of testing, I completed it while I was an apprentise and didn't learn anything as it had all been covered on the 2330 level 3, but the rest of the group hadn't done any testing for over 20 years and found it very usefull. Everybody in the group passed.

The only problem is the cost, I couldn't find at the time (October 2011) anyone who offerd the course so had to stay away for a week and the course cost on its own was £700, not worth that when compared to £345 when I did the 2395 at college.

If you are using it as a steping stone I would say if you think its worth the money, but I also put in almost a year of revision before I took the 2395 because theres allot to learn.

Reply to City and Guilds 2392??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock