Discuss City & Guilds 2394/2395 - 2nd and 3rd year apprentices in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

imnotacarpenter

Hi

So our company is sending the second and third year maintenance electrical apprentices on a weeks course to do the 2394 initial verification and 2395 periodic testing city and guilds qualifications.

I always thought that these qualifications were ones you do after you finish your installation nvqs and AM2 and after youve gained some experience and studied for a while. But our company is insistent that we go off and do it now.

Our company's given us 6 weeks notice that we're doing the courses. The joining instructions for the qualifications recommends reading two books which the company isn't buying us so we don't even have anything to read or study before starting the weeks training.

The course providers have said that the courses are in line with what we do at work which isn't exactly true because all we do at work is simple testing with regards to motors.

As maintenance electricians we havent been trained to do installations so how can we verify that something has been installed correctly if we havent been taught the regulations and standards that installations have to comply with?

I was just wondering what you think our chances are?

I strongly suspect your employer has heard that these qualifications might disappear, or change, very soon and want to get in before they do.

I strongly suspect your employer has heard that these qualifications might disappear, or change, very soon and want to get in before they do.

But they wont, so tell him not to worry.

You can do any of the C&G short electrical whenever you want to, it deosnt matter what you have or have not in the way of qualifications, but i would advise anyone who isn't very familiar with BS7671, and doesnt have a significant amount of current testing experience, to think long and hard about it.

It is all well and good to have your boss shove you on the course, but it isn't him who has to pass all the practical assessments, online test and written exams, and all from memory as well. And if you boss thinks passing it all is a foregone conclusion, he needs to remove his head from his harrisole.

Cheers………….Howard

Cheers…………..Howard

Reply to City & Guilds 2394/2395 - 2nd and 3rd year apprentices in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock