Discuss Class 2 double insulated shaver socket?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone know of a bathroom suitable shaver socket that doesn't require an earth? I know the safety transformer load side doesn't need earthing, but all the ones I've come across, even the plastic ones, still have an earthing terminal presumably to earth the supply side (metal components within the switch?). And the earthing terminals don't look like one of those 'dummy' earth terminals that's just for keeping the earth tidy (plus they're not marked as class II).
Got a house with those wonderful lighting circuits wired in twin with no earth :-S

Thanks for the help in advance.

You are not going to find a double insulated shaver socket. You have the choice of rewiring the circuit or as previous post said resupply from a known, rcd protected earthed circuit giving suitable circuit protection as necessary.

Thanks guys. It's in the middle of a brand new, all tiled bathroom with solid floors and ceilings throughout the house.....don't you just hate builders who think they're electricians......razors it is!

I had something similar recently with a bathroom refurbishment, who wanted down lights, illuminated vanity mirror. At quotation stage I identified like of cpc for lighting, to client. In fact the whole installation was asking for a rewire, which I told the client I couldn't take on, being a billy no mates. He declined my referral to some colleagues, couldn't afford it? Went ahead with his refurb', 'monsoon' shower, tiled walls & floors, and I fitted a Class II bathroom light.:rolleyes:

Reply to Class 2 double insulated shaver socket?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, This post is about my concerns with medical IT socket outlets and want to alert you all if you are fitting them in a hospital. The current...
Replies
Views
My understanding is that a SMPS does not separate, like a SELV transformer, the secondary from the primary. Therefore presumably the equipment...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm refitting my bathroom in my first floor flat (top floor) built around 1989. It has 2 CUs, one for night storage and one for 24h...
Replies
Views
Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m presuming a standard pendant is a class 2 fitting as the earth terminals are not needed as it’s a plastic fitting and it only has an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock