Discuss client does not want to pay? but work is not complete complaining?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

currently took over someones job on a control 4 system "huge home automated system" due that being an extra they paid my boss separate for this. alot of lighting has Big transformers which had to be put local to the control 4. doing this i had to make connections "wagos and tape" due to many changes ect alot had to be extended as well do design error etc. i said to the customer and also put on the eir noted to client to put 230v sign and locks on electrical cupboard doors.

the customer stopped paying my boss to do the control 4 and leading me not to finish the job. but it is unfinished such as more terminations need to be done. some wagos not taped. cables not zip tied etc and now there complaining saying it is not neet etc? but they wont pay for us to come do it? how do i go by this?

also saying they dont like the way the connections are done. but doesnt the whole system being in a cupboard and taped etc come under barriers and enclosure reg?

im just in the middle like a sunken ship lol

I am lost for words, zip ties, taped Wagon connectors. Not sure I would be paying either.

It doesn't sound good on any Level Mike to be honest.
Tape, Cable ties, what's wrong with wago enclosures with din mounted terminal connectors.
A couple of pictures would be nice and also don't take this the wrong way but your op is a bit confusing and muddled although I think i get the point.

tip ties inside the control 4 panel its self. and the transformers looked like this
client does not want to pay? but work is not complete complaining?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

i had such a small space to work with and alot of transformers would the cupboard door not act as part of barriors? even though the job is not finished i can add wago box's to the connections but the client wont pay for my hours to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Well myself I am lost that you did a eir and the job isn't done.

Under the impression that the EIR is the last thing to do and done after payment

What was the reason the customer cited for not paying and asking your boss to stop.

right now the customers not happy with anything if they dont want to pay my boss how can my boss send me to continue and finish the work? the control 4 wasn't part of the contract that was an additional. soo what can i do etc? just sat here waiting for orders

also since them the client has also been working inside the control 4 because he would not pay for our time to do it. such as adding sockets inside it + patch panals and connecting some circuits etc. ive offerd him information to help but other then that what can i doo?

Mike. all due respect, but it's your boss's problem to sort out with the customer, not your's. Your boss needs to communicate with the customer and between them come to some sort of agreement as to the way forward.

Yep agree with Tel, your sounds like a bit of a Dilbert

I'm not following all that well, some photos would help explain the setup a bit!

Reply to client does not want to pay? but work is not complete complaining?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock