Discuss Combined shower light/extractor fan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondered if any of you have fitted one of these before that go directly above the shower ?
Are there any special precautions you need to follow other than the usual RCD protection e.t.c
Also the customer is adament they do not want the isolator switch fitted on the wall outside the bathroom, is it acceptable to put it in the loft within easy reach ??

Thanks in advance.

Would agree with the previous post. None of the standard kits you get are powerfull enough by the time you've stuck a few meters of ducting onto them. Might cost more, but in the past i've bought a top spec in line fan, ducting grilles etc seperate then fitted it that way.

You can buy the fan/light fitting separately (Denmans sell them) and then put a decent inline fan in the loft space rather than use the weedy ones supplied as part of the kits

Reply to Combined shower light/extractor fan in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
This isn't very electrical, but never mind! I'm adding an extractor fan to a bathroom in a 4th floor flat. The builder has helpfully cored a hole...
Replies
Views
Hi, The house I've moved in to doesn't have an extractor in the main bathroom so I'm looking at placing an inline extractor in the attic directly...
Replies
Views
My extractor fan has given up the ghost this week and I was hoping to replace it myself, however I cannot do a like for like swap as the current...
Replies
Views
Hi i am looking for some advise regarding a bathroom extractor fan currently fitted to my new bathroom refurbishment. Problem i have is a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock