Discuss Comfortable steel toe cap trainers. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rossinator

I have to buy some steel toe capped footware and want to buy some trainers.

Comfort is the priority, something I can wear all day and have a steel toe to keep those happy. a trainer with good support.

Your suggestions please...

i dont have trainers but i have the dewalt apprentice and they are comfy as any other normal shoes i have. well supporting and waterproof in the snow which came in good this year.

mate, if your doing anything more strenuous than walking round a site with a clipboard, get boots. stairs, steps,access points. the enemy of the tradesman. trust me on this, like sunscreen.

i have to agree with that one thats why i went for the apprentice boots comfy when your bent down on the floor aswell

Hi

i got the puma ones, they are the ones with velcro. They are really comfy but not at all waterproof but great if you need to take them off quickly to go into clients houses.

Regards
gary

Hi

i got the puma ones, they are the ones with velcro. They are really comfy but not at all waterproof but great if you need to take them off quickly to go into clients houses.

Regards
gary

Dont want to send the thread on a different route but, If you want to give a good impression and not take your boots off in peoples houses then buy some of those cheap disposable blue shoe covers that just slip over your boots. I paid about a fiver for 100 pairs on ebay. Screwfix sell them as well and so do Arco.:cool:

Makita safety trainers are like slippers

Makita Sprint Safety Trainers Size 9 - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

much prefer trainers for site work but have a pair of riggers in the van for those wet days , and usually wear trainers into peoples homes

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Great. Off to try on the Makita and a trip to B&Q (who would have thought).

Makita safety trainers are like slippers

Makita Sprint Safety Trainers Size 9 - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

much prefer trainers for site work but have a pair of riggers in the van for those wet days , and usually wear trainers into peoples homes

Another thumbs up on these ones.
Although I would also add a nice comfy insole to them....makes an improvement for sure.

Scruffs Lightning trainers are very comfy and lightweight.
Never had anyone complain about them.
agree with the blue overshoe tho, they are ideal for going into clients houses.

Indeed, after reviewing a number of pairs of trainer steel toe cap shoes, I've gone for the Scruff's Lightening trainer. I put it on and it felt like I'd been wearing it for weeks - super comfortable, I've got quite thin feet mind. ÂŁ52 at screwfix, cheaper at tool Station ÂŁ45 Toolstation > Workwear > Safety Shoes & Trainers > Scruffs Lightning Safety Trainer. Highly recommended! Tried the Makita (made by Dickies for them), very good esp for the price of ÂŁ37 but a little cardboard'y inside for my boney feet, but an innersole would make very comfortable. Runners up were the Vital Airflow X at Tool Station. Toolstation > Workwear > Safety Shoes & Trainers > Vital X Airflow Trainer at ÂŁ49.

Bear in mind, I've gone for comfort, so I'll be interested to see how they last... ;)

Indeed, after reviewing a number of pairs of trainer steel toe cap shoes, I've gone for the Scruff's Lightening trainer. I put it on and it felt like I'd been wearing it for weeks - super comfortable, I've got quite thin feet mind. ÂŁ52 at screwfix, cheaper at tool Station ÂŁ45 Toolstation > Workwear > Safety Shoes & Trainers > Scruffs Lightning Safety Trainer. Highly recommended! Tried the Makita (made by Dickies for them), very good esp for the price of ÂŁ37 but a little cardboard'y inside for my boney feet, but an innersole would make very comfortable. Runners up were the Vital Airflow X at Tool Station. Toolstation > Workwear > Safety Shoes & Trainers > Vital X Airflow Trainer at ÂŁ49.

Bear in mind, I've gone for comfort, so I'll be interested to see how they last... ;)

ÂŁ42 on my website
Good trainer tho

I went to a branch of Screwfix and asked if I could try a few pairs on, they were very helpful and didn't mind in the least.

I found the DeWalt Logic trainers to be the best by far - very comfy indeed.

Reply to Comfortable steel toe cap trainers. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock