Discuss Commissioning engineer in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi good afternoon just looking for a little bit of advice. I'm currently Doing the hnc in electrical engineering and I'm looking at eventually gaining experience in the field of electrical commissioning engineer. After looking online the main thing you need is experience but is there any further courses out there that may help me on my way ?

Thank you
regards
Adam

Others may have information on courses but when I have recruited commissioning engineers it has been based on experience.
The last chap had 30 years in the trade. The sort of machines I design are 3 phase and you need people with that sort of experience to commission a project as they are usually one off machines.
Cheers
B

Hi good afternoon just looking for a little bit of advice. I'm currently Doing the hnc in electrical engineering and I'm looking at eventually gaining experience in the field of electrical commissioning engineer. After looking online the main thing you need is experience but is there any further courses out there that may help me on my way ?

Thank you
regards
Adam

I don't know if this will help.

When I first started work I did a lot of commissioning and fault finding. World wide.
A lot of the fault finding was on pretty ancient kit. Ancient even by my standards then. I was single with no family so I could, and did, go anywhere at the drop of a hat.

It was in the days long before mobile phones and computers were around so you had to depend on your own resources. The one piece of advice I offer is make sure you understand the fundamentals. Really understand them. The basic principles don't change for different applications. And these are the basic tools you need.

Tank you for your replies there much appreciated as you say I think experience is the main thing and you can't buy or teach it. Would courses such as the compex and profibus commissioning course be useful ?
cheers
Adam

Reply to Commissioning engineer in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net