Discuss Company That Doesn't Pay - Quinns in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello All

Just been reading a thread about a maintenance company that doesn't pay it's contractors and thought I would put another name out there, hopefully to stop anyone else getting fleeced like yours truly.

Quinns - based in Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire

Very believable on the phone, ask for proof of qualifications, insurance etc, get you to carry out work, and then didn't pay me.

:nonod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful naming companies like this - it could get the forum in trouble.

When did you submit your invoice? how many times and how have you chased them?

Be careful naming companies like this - it could get the forum in trouble.

When did you submit your invoice? how many times and how have you chased them?
You are quite possible correct in what you say with a general statement like 'this company doen't pay'
But with a factual statement like 'They never paid me' you will be fine.(as long as you tell the truth)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Fair point Murdoch.
Maybe I have been unlucky in not getting paid, and others will be ok.
My experience was carrying out an EICR as requested, together with remedial work as required. Invoice submitted and ignored, numerous phone calls and promises that cheque would be sent, no cheque arriving, emails sent, ignored, more phone calls, more promises that "when the director returned cheque would be sent" etc etc etc. Phone call made by solicitor, formal letter sent.
County court judgement against them, no response.

Fair point Murdoch.
My experience was carrying out an EICR as requested, together with remedial work as required. Invoice submitted and ignored, numerous phone calls and promises that cheque would be sent, no cheque arriving, emails sent, ignored, more phone calls, more promises that "when the director returned cheque would be sent" etc etc etc. Phone call made by solicitor, formal letter sent.

OK. That would suggest that on this occasion at least they have been a non-payer.

which quinns? there's 2 at same address, one of which has been dissolved.

Fair point Murdoch.

In which case they deserve to be named so others don't get stung!

what name did they contact you under?

QUINNS CONTRACTING LIMITED - 2 Church Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 9QA, UK - UKComapnyList.com Disolved 21/07/15
QUINN ASSOCIATES LIMITED - 2 Church Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 9QA, UK - UKComapnyList.com Liquidation

other companys at this office
BNW CLEANING SERVICES LIMITED2 CHURCH STREET, EDWINSTOWE96090 - Other service activities n.e.c.
HCPQ LIMITEDQUINNS CHURCH STREET, EDWINSTOWENone Supplied
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE MAINTENANCE SERVICES LIMITED2 CHURCH ST CHURCH STREET, EDWINSTOWENone Supplied
from QUINN ASSOCIATES LIMITED - 2 Church Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 9QA, UK - UKComapnyList.com

So if you took the above to court that are disolved or in liquidation you probibly wont get any cash now.
But if they give you the wrong details and you can prove it its fraud.

I've edited the OP to reflect that they didn't pay 'him' rather than them being general non-payers.

Thing is, he may be expecting payment in 7 days, and the contractor may pay on 60+

Need more info!

In which case they deserve to be named so others don't get stung!

It's a very fine line with these 'naming and shaming' threads, as you rightly point out there can be many different things at play from plain old misunderstandings and miscommunication between two parties all the way through to bitter ex-employees with a gripe and competitors using underhanded shill tactics.

From the info posted so far and the profile of the poster who started the thread I'm happy to let this one stand for now at least. Ultimately it's Dan's decision and it may be closed later.

Hi. I got done by them for work in Farnborough in January. They needed a decorator, locksmith, sparky for work. About £2500 in total from my connections. They also had carpet guys and double glazing guys in. I dealt with Helen Quinn. Never saw my money even though I got hold of the landlord and they confirmed the work was paid to Quinns. They are dangerous and still up to it. BEWARE!!!

going back around 6 years my ex girlfriends old man was a plumber and heating engineer. he had a customer who after he put in a new heating system - boiler, radiator, bathroom the full works. kept finding fault and wouldn't pay. they paid the deposit but nothing else at completion.
In the end he went via small claims court and they tried every trick going to avoid paying (they could easily have paid mind). the house sat empty when the family moved back to india. so he ended up getting a charging order on the house for the amount owed, plus costs... only when he threatened to get an order forcing the sale to get his money did they pay up as with that charge on the house it meant they couldn't sale or remortgage it. had it have dragged on he could have charged interest on top to!!

when owed money you can with a bit of determination get whats owed. i know of a few people who have gone small claims and got a third party debt order that froze the persons bank accounts so the money owed could be recovered. if you can show on balance of probability the director knew a company couldnt pay for work its ordering then the director can still be held personally liable its fraudulent trading. you cant always hide behind ltd status.

Reply to Company That Doesn't Pay - Quinns in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock