Discuss competent person scheme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

halls1379

Just wondering has anyone on here ever been refused membership to any of the scheme providers? If you have what was it you failed on or got asked to provide further evidence of?

Just wondering has anyone on here ever been refused membership to any of the scheme providers? If you have what was it you failed on or got asked to provide further evidence of?

Not trying to be sarcastic,but you just as well re phrase your question for comparison
Has anybody here seen a Whale walking down their local High street?
The betting odds would favour the Whale

What the hell do you think??

I'd say about the same number that's been thrown out for incompetence!!
Ziltch, None, Zero, etc, etc!! lol!!

I'd say about the same number that's been thrown out for incompetence!!
Ziltch, None, Zero, etc, etc!! lol!!

That's not strictly true Eng.
Recent figures show that Certsure (NIC and Elecsa) have booted out 72 of their 36,000 members. Napit I believe have booted out 25 of their 10,000 members.

Which is an enormous 0.21%! :smilielol5:

I just find it difficult to believe firms can accept anyone based on wether they've paid or not? It's just plain wrong! Surely they aren't all competent?

Recent figures show that Certsure (NIC and Elecsa) have booted out 72 of their 36,000 members. Napit I believe have booted out 25 of their 10,000 members.

They don't say what they were booted out for though do they?? These people may have been booted out because their cheques bounced, or their insurance companies pulled their cover etc...lol!! Seeing as most of the 17/20 days wannabe's will have been incompetent when they applied, during their assessment, and when they were accepted, it's inconceivable that anyone can be booted for incompetence!! That would, to say the least be hypocritical on the part of the scams!!
Not that that is new, or has ever stopped them ...lol!!

When it comes to competence, I put more faith in the JIB gold card, at least that covers the man on the tools.
The scheme providers often cover companies that use non competent juniors who are let loose on installs due to lack of man power. Seen it happen many times.

so , statistics prove that 99.79% of scheme sparks are doing an awesome job.

well im happy with that so no worries there then lol.

Reply to competent person scheme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net