Discuss Competent Persons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Competent Persons Register | Home

Home

i seem to be on one site but not the other,
dont understand why two sites and not sure why im not all there .. im lost

Those lists are useless altogether outside England & Wales.

I don't appear on either because I'm an Approved Contractor and they only list Domestic Installers. Given that there is no such thing as a Domestic Installer here it's a bit silly to expect you to become listed as one to be listed.

Nor-Den Electrical and Omega are "Domestic Installers"

Sorry, forgot to respond to this. They are listed additionally as "Domestic Installers". There aren't any Domestic Installers here as outside of England & Wales there is no reason for being registered in such a way. (Actually, there is one person in this area who is solely a Domestic Installer but presumably that was for work he was doing in England or Wales.)

So as an Approved Contractor I am not listed, but I could have Domestic Installer added to the listing free of charge despite it meaning nothing and having no purpose here. (The lists do actually state that they are only intended for England & Wales, but that doesn't change the fact that they will confuse people elsewhere.)

You pays yer money and you takes yer chance with the scams by the looks of things.

Getting sent a email from the NICEIC (not here yet) saying sorry.
But i still have to write in and complain and ask compansatin while they ask for next years Money
Gotta have Balls in his game

I can confirm you are now appearing on the Competent Person Register, this has not been added by ourselves and we believe the Investigate is still on going. As previously it seems there is a glitch in the System and we are still working with our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Party Company to resolve this issue but the glitch seems to have now pulled through your Company details to the Website.

Again we are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused yourself and your company. If you wish to go ahead with a claim for losses please file a Complaint with our Customer Relations Team who will look into this further.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Competent Persons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net