Discuss competent schemes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Check out their websites for fees etc mate,

I believe stroma are the most competitively priced, but depending on how you operate would you be better off with a more publicly known name? You'll have to weigh up what you want out of your membership (you'll only end up with stickers anyway haha)

Also there's lots of threads on this subject, do a search and see for yourself what the lads think about these schemes in general. I think for the most part they are largely the same, however joe public may seem to think the NIC is a sign of trade excellence so you may benefit from going with them as it may bring in extra work etc.

JIB os SJIB would be, in my opinion the best competent person scheme.
Are you asking about a competent contractor scam? (takes money off you every year and does little if anything for it or for your credibility)

Boydy

So this is where our trade has sunk to! What’s the cheapest competent person scheme?
No it is worse than that Fella, we had a Electrical Trainee telling us he was trained properly compared to 4 year apprentices yesterday, apparently they are trained to think ahead where we doing a time served apprenticeship are not, we even had Well known members here arguing his case, I had an early night last night :rofl: Oh I also hear you have now been scalped, well down M8, A great cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stroma are not much cheaper than Elecsa now that they have added £100 registration fee on top of the £240 registration fee.
I have been looking at benchmark who will let you pay monthly (around £33 pm with an initial fee of £140 approx). They ask you to send proof of all of your qualifications before they decide to process your application further. They would also consider time served sparks who may not have the qualifications behind them but have the experience. Only drawback is that the Insurance Backed Warranty scheme is an additional £60 per annum.
Gave up with Elecsa as I was getting complaints from many of my customers that they were being asked to pay additional postage fees for their certs as Elecsa hadn't paid the correct postage! In addition the Electrical Safety Register only seemed to generate calls from people trying to sell me something. Not a single customer called me from the registry listing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to competent schemes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock