Discuss Compex Units 01-04 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There's plenty of obvious faults on the set up to find but one which most people missed is on the one way bulkhead light installation, the bulkhead has a label stating maximum lamp wattage and this was exceeded. dont know if it would be the same in other test centers but its something to keep in mind. Also check all seals and gaskets and of course correct equipment installed in the correct zone, ie EXd, i,p,n,q[/QU

Hi thanks for the info and the help this make it a bit more clearer to understand and more of an idea of what am looking out for just need to get all my notes together now, hopefully I've give my self enough time to get every thing together only had this week to look in to it properly and start the course on Monday Morning cheers buddy..

the only other thing id say is take ur time on the practical side and dont panic as u get plenty of time. the question paper is the hardest part so make sure ur up on that and good luck.
i went out on the **** every night and still passed so its not that difficult

the only other thing id say is take ur time on the practical side and dont panic as u get plenty of time. the question paper is the hardest part so make sure ur up on that and good luck.
i went out on the **** every night and still passed so its not that difficult

ha-ha I wont be doing that just tried moving more Course unstill a later date there having none of it, So am on the Course Monday Morning I need to pull my finger out, you just get confused with all the different thing you here and read about it and especially with all the different Zone Gas Groups and Temp rating Sign and Symbols to take in O well Ellesmere Port here I come, would you be able to tell me how many different Glanding kits they use are there 4 total cheers buddy..

u only use two types exd and the putty filled type, cant remember the correct name for them(could be a barrier gland) but u will get a practice go and there easy to do. remember what is allowed in zones 0, 1, and 2 and what makes them that type of zone (the amount of time which a explosive gas is likely to be present).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ACidGaMbiT, if you post your email address on open forums it's likely to get harvested by spammers and other low-lifes. You can use the edit button on your post above to remove it and you can also use the forum's built-in PM system to get in touch with other members.

Did my compex during my apprenticeship few years ago, EX01-04 definatly not a case of turn up and breeze it. The practical side was easy as i work in and around Wireline logging winches and Pressure control equipment.. But the theory on the other hand , theres alot and i mean alot to take in such a small space of time. So going home and revising and looking over your notes is a must!.

pepparz^^ Normally use a Hawke cable gland in the tests although i know some places are using CMP glands to now much superior to Hawke glands, 501/453 universal for one test and then a ICG653 for the barrier gland test.

Hi guys, just registered after reading all the good info on this thread. Have my compex course booked for end of july, would appreciate any and all course notes that anyone out there has. Cheers in advance.

Thanks for the link budgie but I wasnt able to download it for some reason. If I pm you my email do you think you could forward it on please?

Hi,

Just found this thread and am looking at doing my Compex early 2015. I've found all this advice really useful, if any body is still monitoring this thread could somebody pm me some course notes please.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Awesome thread a lot of great info! Ive just registered so this is my first post. I have my compex course booked at HOTA next week & would appreciate any course notes that anyone out there has?? As im now starting to get nervous haha PM me them over if you could please!!!

Ive been reading through a book called 'electrical equipment and installations in hazardous areas' by Geoffrey Bottrill - Great book but so much to take in!

Cheers Jim

Hi Vaughant

I was looking at threads you have posted on and you were saying that you have a PDF of the course notes for the Compex course. I would really much appreciate if you would email me the notes as i have my compex course coming up in two weeks and id like to get a head start on the theory part of it. My email is **email address removed**

Kind Regards,

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Compex Units 01-04 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock