Discuss compulsory E.I.C's for domestic properties? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think it would actually be dangerous, disconnecting circuits every year continously year after year to test them could actually weaken the circuit breaker terminals and cause a fire lol.

I think it would actually be dangerous, disconnecting circuits every year continously year after year to test them could actually weaken the circuit breaker terminals and cause a fire lol.

And if socket outlets are unscrewed and then refitted there will be more metal-fatigue failures of the twin and earth. Specially if someone has nicked into the copper when it was stripped. Daz

As for the MOT analogy, a car weighs a ton travels 40 mph through town centre meters away from pedestrians. Your house doesn't create anywhere near the amount of hazards that your car does.

And if socket outlets are unscrewed and then refitted there will be more metal-fatigue failures of the twin and earth. Specially if someone has nicked into the copper when it was stripped. Daz
I have actually disconnected sockets in houses to conduct tests in the past when a fault has been on a ring, I split the ring to find which half the fault was on, when I tried to reconnect the socket after finding the fault the screws wouldn't tighten and I had to fit a new socket, so your point is not only valid it has been proven, good point Daz

I watched the guy doing a gas safe test on my flat yesterday. I know he didn’t cut corners, if fact he was very conscientious.
It took less than an hour, OK there’s only two appliances but he didn’t stint on what he did.

I’m due to have an EICR later this year. It could get interesting. I wonder how long that will take with me watching him to make sure he does what he’s paid to do?
:smilielol5:an electricians nightmare, I wouldn't want to carry out and EICR on your property with you watching, I would be so nervous I wouldn't be able to do the job lol

I watched the guy doing a gas safe test on my flat yesterday. I know he didn’t cut corners, if fact he was very conscientious.
It took less than an hour, OK there’s only two appliances but he didn’t stint on what he did.

I’m due to have an EICR later this year. It could get interesting. I wonder how long that will take with me watching him to make sure he does what he’s paid to do?

If he tries to put any visible stickers on the CU he’ll be on hospital food for a while.

Are you a time traveller MDJ? How did you reply to Tony's post before he posted it....

Spoon how can you say you don't trust someone making a comment like I did? Do you or do you not believe in safety? Do you fit rcbo ' s on circuits that require them? Do you check for cross bonding and bonding to incoming services? I merely stated that you can't put a price on safety and you reply with I can't be trusted!!

I might stop fitting split load boards and rcbo ' s as they cost so much, I got quoted £110+vat today for a square d qo rcbo and I needed 6, the client never batted an eye lid and said if that's the cost that's the cost! All I was stating it could bring up the standards of domestic installs that was all.

Spoon how can you say you don't trust someone making a comment like I did? Do you or do you not believe in safety? Do you fit rcbo ' s on circuits that require them? Do you check for cross bonding and bonding to incoming services? I merely stated that you can't put a price on safety and you reply with I can't be trusted!!

Firstly, I work in the industrial sector. I'm a pen pusher so I don't fit anything.
As Tony has pointed out in an earlier post.. Its not about safety, its about money.
I also say that because everyone that has said "you can't put a price on safety" to me has just been interested in getting more money from me. e.g. Why should I spend £80 on a tire for the car, that is 'guaranteed to go 140mph'. £35 are safe enough. Max speed is 70mph here anyhow. Money grabbing people.
If you believe you hype then I take it you vehicle has all the latest safety features. (see some of them below: I'm sure there are more)
ABS - Anti-lock Braking System, EBD - Electinic Break-force Distribution, EBA - Electronic Brake Assist, ESC - Electronic Stability Control, DTC - Dynamic Traction Control, Side Airbags, Lane Departure Warning System, Speed-limiting Devices, Adaptive Headlamps, Backup Cameras, Heated Wiper Blades & Washing Fluid
If not then I'm sure your with your "you can't put a price on safety" spiel then you will instantly go out and upgrade it. Cost is not an issue...

I always use a condom, must be sensitive though, otherwise you may as well wrap some sandwich bags around it lol

I always use a condom, must be sensitive though, otherwise you may as well wrap some sandwich bags around it lol

I know a guy who used cling film as he didn't have a condom... but that is changing the thread...

I think it has run it's course anyhow now lol

I dont know. Im sure the OP will come back stating he walkes around in bubble wrap and drives a humvee and is single with no kids, as everyone knows getting married & having kids is very unsafe.

Reply to compulsory E.I.C's for domestic properties? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock