Discuss Condition Report Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reading the op, that's fine if you are the person who has identified issues, agreed remedial's then signed a satisfactory EICR. Different story if somebody else comes in. Eg mot test failed (seek second opinion) , go to the next station, you will pay another test fee.

Sorry, not sure if my original post confused some of you. When I say reissue EICR I don't mean carry out another EICR and charge again, I mean rewrite the original certificate without the codes and new results (r1 + r2, rcd test etc) for work carried out to rectify faults along with issuing EICs where necessary

I think the time scale between the initial and later EICRs need taking into consideration as to whether a retest is required.

Sorry, not sure if my original post confused some of you. When I say reissue EICR I don't mean carry out another EICR and charge again, I mean rewrite the original certificate without the codes and new results (r1 + r2, rcd test etc) for work carried out to rectify faults
That really isn't the correct way for it to be done, however.

An EICR is not a cert, though. Did you actually certify the work you carried out as required by BS7671?

Absolutely, I certified changing a couple of damaged accessories, a cu blank, and some minor tidying up.
:rolleyes:

I do apologise most humbly for not using the correct terminology, it is absolutely unforgivable of me to call an EICR a cert.

What's the weather like over there in pedant corner.

I do apologise most humbly for not using the correct terminology, it is absolutely unforgivable of me to call an EICR a cert.

What's the weather like over there in pedant corner.
It's not being pedantic though - it's important to understand that you are NOT certifying any work you have done as required by BS7671 by using an EICR.

So we took over an EICR with maybe 150 problems. I worked through them all retested and issued a certificate either EIC or MEIWC as apt. We then transferred the new figures to the original EICR removed the codes of the original problems and issued a satisfactory EICR to the client. There does not seem to be any other logical way to deal with this unless I am missing something (not unusual for me I might add) So as work progressed and problems were fixed we have a cert for any work done to rectify to back up the new EICR.

There does not seem to be any other logical way to deal with this unless I am missing something
What you are missing is that there is no logical reason to issue a second EICR. The first one outlines the faults etc. found, and the subsequent certification proves that it all has been dealt with.

So why a second EICR?

What you are missing
A thought provoking insight, I will have to think about that. However because there are about 200 tenants and many want a certificate for their unit for insurance purposes that would be the reason we issue a second satisfactory certificate. We cannot ask the CEO to give each client 300 pages of EICR saying unsatisfactory with attendant corrections noted on other certs. to give to their insurance company. We give The front pages and their unit. Any way around that ? I could see it on a single domestic....but messy.

Reply to Condition Report Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock