Discuss Confused.com in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stevie_sausage

hello one and all,

new to the site and I am looking for some hel[p and advice, but first let me start with a long winded story. recently my company that i work for lost the long term contract which I was working on, and under the Tupe laws i was due to go over to the new company. However one of the things that they stipulate is that you have to have cscs to work there. Upon application and receiving my card it has come back as Electrical labourer and not electrician. I enquired about the reaason why and they said that it was because i had not completed my N.V.Q level 3. when I served my time I undertook city and guilds 2360 parts 1 and 2 and their was no mention of nvq during my training. I have worked as an electrician including apprenticeship for over 16 years have tons of experience that you wont get in a classroom and consider myself a good and safe spark and have always been classed and paid as fully qualified. Now this new company are saying that I cannot work unsupervised etc etc because my card says electrical labourer i also have 17th edition and inspection and testing. surely their must be another route than taking upto twelve months off to complete nvq level 3 to be classed as qualified under the cscs scheme. any advice would be extremely appreciated as basically in two weeks i'm out of a job.....:icon9: P.S I find it ironic that these companies are using the JIB grading scheme like its the bible yet none seem to want to pay J.I.B rates or benefits.

the cvscs card is a labourer's card. visit the ECA site and find out where you can take the test for an ECS card.

thanks for the reply i took the test and got that was the card that i got, when i submitted my quals

check out delta elecrical training

they run the NVQ 3 and it can be completed in as little as 6 weeks if you work fast and hard..!
no need for time off work either..!

@durham sparky cheers for the reply, will have a look at that. It looks like i will be working for myself and if so can you still undertake the nvq 3 whilst being a sole trader? i know I keep asking questions but im really concerned about my future not only do I have mortgage and bills to think off but also my wife is due to have our baby in two weeks so I hope you can understand the panic.

Reply to Confused.com in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock