Discuss Connect 25 AA batteries in parallel and series in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Very polite chap, I'll give him that!

Exceptionally, but wasting time & getting nowhere. He asked for advice & to be fair the guys have tried hard to give it.
All they get back is the same thing repeated, calculations that look like they've just been pulled straight from the pages of a text book.

Pop to a diy shop, buy a ready built LED torch, they cost about ÂŁ3 and only take 3aa batteries'. Mines been used daily and still has the same batteries 6 months on.

Hello,

I have 25 batteries that are AA using 1.5 volts each, that is total = 37. 5 volts for 25 batteries. I want to know please the right way to wire all the batteries together to make a parallel and series battery pack. Please tell how to wire each battery together to connect all 25 AA batteries to make a parallel and series battery pack?

Thanks for your time and effort. Enjoy your day and have a good week. All the best for your successful future.
Hello,

I have 25 batteries that are AA using 1.5 volts each, that is total = 37. 5 volts for 25 batteries. I want to know please the right way to wire all the batteries together to make a parallel and series battery pack. Please tell how to wire each battery together to connect all 25 AA batteries to make a parallel and series battery pack?

Thanks for your time and effort. Enjoy your day and have a good week. All the best for your successful future.

I would need see a data sheet on the LEDs, the manufactures name and the type number of the LEDs. Then I could you a complete answer. Ultra low voltage were the regulations do not apply is 30 volts dc and 24 volts ac.

Hello,

I understand now by learning the way to connect light emitting diodes in parallel and series. I understand through reading the way to connect resistors in series or parallel as well. This is my last post here because I am finishing this thread as I understand the way circuits, resistors, series and parrllel circuits work.

Please forum moderators close this thread. I thank you moderators for your help.

Thanks for everyones help that helps myself to understand the way to make light emitting diodes work in different circuits. Thanks for all your time, effort to help myself and many others that read here.

I hope you all are well and I want you to have every success in life. Enjoy your good day, happy week with your loving family and friends. All the best for your future.

Hello,

I understand now by learning the way to connect light emitting diodes in parallel and series. I understand through reading the way to connect resistors in series or parallel as well. This is my last post here because I am finishing this thread as I understand the way circuits, resistors, series and parrllel circuits work.

Please forum moderators close this thread. I thank you moderators for your help.

Thanks for everyones help that helps myself to understand the way to make light emitting diodes work in different circuits. Thanks for all your time, effort to help myself and many others that read here.

I hope you all are well and I want you to have every success in life. Enjoy your good day, happy week with your loving family and friends. All the best for your future.

It is neither recommended nor good electronics practice to connect AA batteries in parallel, if one cell goes low resistance it will drain the others (unless you use a diode on the output of each cell which in the case of AA's isn't practical as the forward voltage drop on the diode will be too significant). AA's also vary from cell to cell, nominally 1.5V alkaline but I've had new ones measure nearly 1.7V. NiMh cells measure 1.2V. (Don't even think about lithium, the cost would be huge)

LEDs work at constant device current for optimum output and the resistance in series with the led or leds is calculated to supply the maximum (or near maximum) current at the highest voltage the power source can provide, after taking into account the LED voltage drop. (or you could use an led driver chip).

You would also need to add in the cost of battery holders, unless he's going to try to solder all the cells together (surely not!).

As an example, a 1.2V nimh cell at say 1500mAh, not taking into account any losses, would provide 1.2x1.5=1.8Wh- you'd need 555 cells to provide 1 kWh, at a quid each that would cost ÂŁ555. (not that there's anything relevant about a kWh other than it costs about 13 pence from your local electricity supplier)

Last edited:
It is neither recommended nor good electronics practice to connect AA batteries in parallel, if one cell goes low resistance it will drain the others (unless you use a diode on the output of each cell which in the case of AA's isn't practical as the forward voltage drop on the diode will be too significant). AA's also vary from cell to cell, nominally 1.5V alkaline but I've had new ones measure nearly 1.7V. NiMh cells measure 1.2V. (Don't even think about lithium, the cost would be huge)

LEDs work at constant device current for optimum output and the resistance in series with the led or leds is calculated to supply the maximum (or near maximum) current at the highest voltage the power source can provide, after taking into account the LED voltage drop. (or you could use an led driver chip).

You would also need to add in the cost of battery holders, unless he's going to try to solder all the cells together (surely not!).

As an example, a 1.2V nimh cell at say 1500mAh, not taking into account any losses, would provide 1.2x1.5=1.8Wh- you'd need 555 cells to provide 1 kWh, at a quid each that would cost ÂŁ555. (not that there's anything relevant about a kWh other than it costs about 13 pence from your local electricity supplier)
I should have added that only the first kWh would cost that, you could then recharge them but I'll leave someone else to work out how much it would drop to per kWh if you got 500 charge cycles out of the cells!

Reply to Connect 25 AA batteries in parallel and series in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net