Discuss Connecting a fan to shower power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We drink Beer down here, I have to admit though that I am partial to a Cider in the summer, I like dry cider, plenty of Cider farms around here and Somerset which is 45 mins away, Rich's farmhouse cider is nice, in fact very nice I like a flagon of sweet mixed with the dry, it goes down a treat

I’ve had to stop drinking beer. My local has a good, ever changing range of local real ales but I can’t drink them. I used to but my health forced the change to Bloody Mary’s.

My recipe:
2 shots Vodka
3 to 6 drops Tabasco
Good shake of White Pepper to taste
Celery Salt to taste
Tomato juice
No Worcestershire sauce!

In a ½ pint tumbler, add the Tabasco, pepper and celery salt. Fill with ice, add the vodka then the tomato juice to fill the glass. With the ingredients in first they don’t float on the top but make sure you stir it first because if you drink it with a straw, a mouthful of pepper and Tabasco is one hell of a wake up!

The barmaid, Dawn, can do the drink perfectly. The landlord just puts the ingredients on the bar for me to work the magic. There is no correct way to make the drink. I went in to another local pub and the barman made the drink how he thought should be made, he then went on to lecture me on the subject. He ended up wearing it.

The threads go totally off topic, I’ll just push it a bit further over the edge.

It has been interesting reading this thread. I have taken the supply for my fan from the shower circuit. It is 2.5 mm t and e taken from the supply side of the 45 A switch. As far as I'm concerned it is fine. RCD protected circuit, reduction in CSA yes but less than 3 meters from point of reduction, not subject to overload as it is to a FCU fused at 3A as per reg 434.2.1 been like it for years. I can't see a problem with it. In busbar chambers the tap off cables to switch fuses are never usually rated to the OCPD for the BB supply. Same thing really. It is common in many control panels to find small control wiring taken from open switch fuses of greater rating than the cable current carrying capacity again because there is OCPD on the load end of the wiring.

I am not a DIYer or Electrical Trainee so let's have your comments.

All I can say is there's some rough sparks about these days, I'd sack the first chancer to do that on a domestic shower install. Lets close this thread now..........

All I can say is there's some rough sparks about these days, I'd sack the first chancer to do that on a domestic shower install. Lets close this thread now..........

Please enlighten me then as you are clearly an electrical genius. Oh and please give regulations and sound electrical reasons for it not to be done. Don't just say it's rough let's have some indication you actually know why it shouldn't be done and are not just following the pack.

I can feel a ban coming on lol Why not wire a clock point or maybe a 5amp socket from your shower circuit, the possibilities are endless FFS common be real

I can feel a ban coming on lol Why not wire a clock point or maybe a 5amp socket from your shower circuit, the possibilities are endless FFS common be real

OK still no technical reason then.

You could could not wire a socket as it could be subject to overload. A clock point ? Well you give me a reason why not !!!!!!!
Come on show some electrical knowledge not just give flippant comments which seems to be all you usually come up with looking at your other threads.

Please enlighten me then as you are clearly an electrical genius. Oh and please give regulations and sound electrical reasons for it not to be done. Don't just say it's rough let's have some indication you actually know why it shouldn't be done and are not just following the pack.

Its all unorthodox , I mean why bother with any dedicated circuits , why not have a couple off circuits and install fused spurs all over the house , and whos gonna be able to label the DB , you would have a list as long as your arm , just where would it end if you allowed one thing , why not allow more and more . We all want to go to a dis board an isolate what the circuit says , but how can you when you can spur off anything you like ,,,

Carry on, regardless, I give up..................nothing wrong in your eyes so yep just carry on, loop a fan from a shower supply, That's the sort of trick I'd expect from a DIYer not a skilled Electrician !!!!!!!!!!!! That's hardly flippant comments, why not have a changeover switch so when the sower is off it could feed say a water heater or maybe a light with a label to state shower not In use .................

section 314 can be interpetrated several ways, It speaks volume to me, as does professional installation work, all this cowboy talk has worn me out, do what you like I don't care, if you are happy and think your right then good for you, funny how only the guys who have done this type of work defend it, good night and I hope your home doesnt burn down.

Reply to Connecting a fan to shower power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net