Discuss Contactum RCBO, Old 71 type MCB replacement in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KFH

Any one got or know where I can get two 6A Contactum RCBOs (90603SP/B) to replace 71 type MCBs. The new Contactum RCBOs do not fit and and no one I have talked to has the old ones in stock. I am being quoted over £80.00 each + VAT for a wholesaler to order them from Contactum. At that price I would prefer to replace the consumer unit, even if I have to take the additional testing hit, as I can get a 10 RCBO populated board for less than the two would cost.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm in the same boat. Did those adaptors work KFH? Were you able to put the new CP range in the earlier Contactum CU (with 93203SP RCBO's)?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm in the same boat. Did those adaptors work KFH? Were you able to put the new CP range in the earlier Contactum CU (with 93203SP RCBO's)?

It was so long ago I have nearly forgotten :-(

I do remember that I could not work out how the adaptors were meant to do anything, they are just a bent bit of copper and are still in one of my many boxes somewhere.

If it is the installation I am thinking of the new RCBOs needed about 2mm removing from the bottom of the enclosure cover slot to allow the front to poke through, the busbar lined up OK. Don't tell anyone I did this though :)

But given that everyone I talked to said they would not fit at all I am not sure why it was so straightforward unless there are other models with different layout.

Good luck

Here's the instructions; https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Contactum/CP_AD.pdf

Having never looked at the two models, can't make sense out of it. Contactum never mentioned the adapter when I asked about the compatibility of the two models, as they didn't with you. Looks as if the newer rcbo has a different height to accept the busbar?

I never got any instructions! The busbar fitted on the board I had, I have to do a job there again sometime soon I will check that I have not missed anything, despite me being 100% sure that I checked the slots lined up you have put a doubt in my mind :-( The bottoms of the protruding bit on the main switch and the MCBs did not line up with the RCBOs as it appears to in the photo in the instructions, that was why I had to relieve the bottom of the slot on the cover.

The joys of obsolete equipment.

The joys of obsolete equipment

Just for the record, I contacted Contactum. They do not manufacture the adaptors anymore, after a change of ownership. They decided they were not fit for purpose, although they recognise there still some available to purchase.

Reply to Contactum RCBO, Old 71 type MCB replacement in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net