Discuss Cooker and hob advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I totally agree with you but that does not always happen. A new owner who is moving in will most likely disconnect his own electric cooker from his old property see that in his new property there is a cooker isolator in place and rewire his new cooker in to the cooker outlet without giving it another thought.
this would of only been a link in a dual K.O.box the cable is ratted above the 32A protective device

Will the sso be next to the cooker outlet, if so no problem wiring the spur in 2.5 from a dual outlet plate, just as you would a spurred sso from a final ring circuit with 32A protection. Wiring in 6.00mm for the sake of the ignition is slightly over the top.

Hi bought a new electric cooker and gas hob
Have a 6mm cable with isolator above worktop and a junction box behind cooker
Because the gas hob is only ignition needed for electrics can I just wire it to the 6mm cooker junction box and the isolator will control both
Or do I take it off the ring
Run a 4mm cable from jb to a new socket
Plug the ignition into the socket
Provided it's 32a protecting the circuit

Reply to Cooker and hob advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
hi looking to install a new induction hob to current wiring . the wiring i have is thick white probably about 15mm wide and is hard wired into...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock