Discuss Cooker circuit mcb in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Assuming this is a fan oven I would not consider it a fixed load because it isn't purely resistive.
But 433.3.1 (ii) does not require a resistive or a fixed load. The qualifier is "not likely to carry overload current". I think a 10A oven on a 16A flex seems to comply?

But 433.3.1 (ii) does not require a resistive or a fixed load. The qualifier is "not likely to carry overload current". I think a 10A oven on a 16A flex seems to comply?
I might apply that to a cord from a ceiling rose.

If might, it's because a light bulb can't overload the light cable (got it).
If might not ?

For the oven, isn't it the same principle - sorry am I being daft again?
The chances of a cord from a ceiling rose overloading is negligible even if it is 0.5mm it will happily take 750w. I wouldn't chance this with an oven and I am not convinced this Reg is applicable.

Understood.
Does that mean you would only be happy with 6mm flex to match the 6mm circuit?
Edit - Personally I wouldnt use less than 2.5mm for some margin, but I'd been happy up to now that the "last metre" was ok.

Last edited:
2.5 was my thinking , just to give itva bit to spare , but the connection unit at the back of the oven will not take it without bending out of shape . so 1.5 it is. The user guide say heat flex must be used as it gets very hot at the rear (I thought it cooked on the inside ). So let's hope the rubbish units it fitts in are heat resistance

Understood.
Does that mean you would only be happy with 6mm flex to match the 6mm circuit?
Edit - Personally I wouldnt use less than 2.5mm for some margin, but I'd been happy up to now that the "last metre" was ok.
I would change the breaker if I could not fit a larger cable but that is just me.

Reply to Cooker circuit mcb in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock