Discuss Cooker Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dazzol2009

I have been called to do the electrics for a couple who want a induced as well keeping their existing electric oven, here's the details oven 5.2kw induced hob 7.2kw a toal of 12.4kw, after working the design current and diversity out I have 29amps, at the moment it has a 6mm cable with socket outlet incorporated cooker isolator, the board is downstairs in the basement and all the walls have been tanked and sealed with bubble wrap, normal case fog a basement, what i am asking is with not knowing how much of the cable in the wall is insulated, do I stick with the 6mm or upgrade to 10mm, in which the customer wants in trunking on the surface of the sealed wall, all suggestions welcome

i would leave the 6mm on a 32A MCB and ditch the socket outlet on the cooker point. that brings the load down to 24A.

Good thinking , but I don't think they have another socket on that part of the kitchen and they plug a steamer and kettle into it, I shall pop back round and give them a few alternative quotes

Here was me thinking that it was only pregnant ladies who were induced! (sorry, couldn't resist :smug:). As above, I'd go for seperate circuits.
Regards.

I was looking more at 10mm, but inflexibility of fitting it in the location it would be fitted has made me look at altenatives before making the jump, I know fitting 2 X 6mm circuits would be the one that ticks all the boxes.

Reply to Cooker Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock