Discuss cooker tt no rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

midgetman

hi extended a 32 amp cooker circuit, adding a cooker switch and outlet plate. extended as it is a 7kw range cooker now situated in fireplace. old cooker now not going to be used.

problem is its on a 16th edition board and is on tt. the cooker and lighting are non rcd protected.

ideal would be to either go on rcbo or add another rcd.

how ever customer does not want to spend so can the cooker go on the 63amp rcd. there is no shower and only the rings on it.

as I said not ideal but got to be safer.

if above would then be notifiable and not minor works?

thanks

as I said not ideal but got to be safer.

thanks

But not safe! It is your name going on it, and you maybe doing him a favour saving him a few quid, but that will all be forgotten when someone gets hurt, and then guess where the finger will point.

Cheers...............Howard

cooker is on 32 amp mcb.
560d8599787ffb677fdd9dbfdf53e38d.jpg

But not safe! It is your name going on it, and you maybe doing him a favour saving him a few quid, but that will all be forgotten when someone gets hurt, and then guess where the finger will point.

Cheers...............Howard

Not safe with no over current protection? jeez

hang on. the cooker does not, nor has ever , required RCD protection. if the cable feeding the cooker isolator is buried<2" deep in wall/s, then that cable may need RCD.

cable is surface mounted. (fixed to wall securely behind kitchen units) however I thought all tt had to be now rcd protected..

you fit RCDs to a TT system if the Ze is too high to give acceptable Zs readings. a decent TT system with sub 1 ohm Ze may well negate the need for a RCD.

I can't see it being unsafe by putting on to the rcd side. inconvenient in case of fault but not unsafe.

maybe I see if I can find rcbo.. cheers

no problem with doing that, midget. better safe than sorry.

Am I missing something here. There's a spare way on the rcd side of the board so either move cooker over or get an rcbo. Issue mwc for extending circuit get paid run away ;)

Reply to cooker tt no rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net