Discuss Cordless kettles in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
anyone had any probs Pat testing the Philips cordless kettles,5 kettles apparently failed the test for earth continuity.They have been tested by someone else,& ive been asked to take a look,they look nearly brand new.
It looks like there are no Earth pin connection on the base,& it certainly fails a normal continuity test.

It's a common problem with some types of kettles trying to get somewhere to test earth continuity.

It's a common problem with some types of kettles trying to get somewhere to test earth continuity.
Yea thanks for that,not been back to job yet,but this is a class 1 item.
On most kettles there's a definite Earth pin,that you can see,but these have not,in my opinion.

Yea thanks for that,not been back to job yet,but this is a class 1 item.
On most kettles there's a definite Earth pin,that you can see,but these have not,in my opinion.
On some of them I find if you press the probe hard onto the base it breaks through limescale etc. to test. However on others this doesn't achieve anything as you still aren't coming into contact with the earthed element. I'm afraid there's no easy answer to it IMHO.

On some of them I find if you press the probe hard onto the base it breaks through limescale etc. to test. However on others this doesn't achieve anything as you still aren't coming into contact with the earthed element. I'm afraid there's no easy answer to it IMHO.
Thanks will see how it goes

Reply to Cordless kettles in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net