Discuss Coursework-HELP PLEASE!!! SHEET 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Delboi1992

Hi everyone I will be posting a lot of questions here in the next few hours I would really appreciate it if you can tell me most of the answers as I am not getting far searching on the internet.

1. Give an exa mple of a reasonably modern develo pment in plumbing systems that has become a major cause of co ncern with bonding. Explain your
reasons why.

2. What is temporary bonding? Give examples of when and where it should be used?

Imagine you have been asked to carry out a repair job on an existing heating
system. Write a short report on:

how and what you checked to ma ke sure that equipotentia l and

supplementary bonding was correctly installed.

what you did so that a section of pipework could be safely removed.

Hi

1. Plastic plumbing pipes, these cannot import a potential into an area so thought has to be given to whether or not bonding is required.

2. Temporary bonding is used when removing pipework or equipment to keep the gas/water/oil pipes equipotentially bonded.

3. 7 or carrot

Visual check that clamps and screws tight also testing the continuity from the MET end to the bonding clamp.
Has to be measured with cable removed to avoid parallel paths effecting the result, (removed MET end to bonding clamp).
Expect a low reading ie 0.02R depending on length of cable. If doing this isolate supply to avoid any risks.
Supplementary bonding connects all metallic surfaces in an area to avoid shock, ie the taps being at a different potential to the radiator.

Bridge the removed section with temporary bonding as 2.

Any help?

Reply to Coursework-HELP PLEASE!!! SHEET 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock