Discuss Crabtree c50 breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dadof3

-
Reaction score
Are these worth selling or just get rid? Saved from a recent mains change
imagejpeg

The answer to that question would be no
Okay fair enough mate, now if you had tested those breakers before removing them and they did operate then selling them could have been an option, as you have now confirmed it isn't the case I would advise you not to sell them, HTHs.

Okay fair enough mate, now if you had tested those breakers before removing them and they did operate then selling them could have been an option, as you have now confirmed it isn't the case I would advise you not to sell them, HTHs.

What would be your suggested test method to ensure operation to the manufacturer's published characteristics?

What would be your suggested test method to ensure operation to the manufacturer's published characteristics?
I wouldn't test them, it wouldn't be possible unless under controlled conditions in a labatory, I would throw them away, end of, I was trying to get the OP to answer that question, perhaps you can get it out of him lol

How can you test any breaker to operate at fault conditions unless as you say in test lab conditions, so would you connect a new circuit to an existing c50 mcb in a db not knowing if the mcb will operate in a fault condition ,(or for that matter any make of mcb)

I can't see the photo, but if it's one of those old brown/black bakerlite jobbies i'd throw them straight in the bin where they have always belonged!! Even the DB's they were used in were bloody dangerous...

Reply to Crabtree c50 breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

HI , potential 2 bed 1970’s bungalow buyer here…. Our surveyor (RICS) has pointed out there is no circuit breaker to the electrics (fuse board...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
Hello - hope someone can advise please. I have a recently purchased second hand Myford lathe which has a 3-phase inverter (Siemens Micromaster...
Replies
Views
I will describe my problem in as much detail so you guys might be able to answer my question. I am never home, my Electric bill is $ 28 to $30 a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock