Discuss Crabtree c50 code 2 or not in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C50 is a valid MCB. The only things that might make it a C2 could be if the EFLI is out of range, or that the cable(s) connected to it are not good for an Ib of 50amps.

A deviation on a report should give the regulation number that has been breached. Which one did he/she quote?

Utter --------.
C50 range was produced to BS3871. Exact Zs values for all types of BS3871 breakers can be found in the back of GN3. As long as they meet these values they should meet the times for disconnection.

A C50 is either a 3871 type 2 or 3871 type C (yes) there is no type 3. You need to check the side of each breaker if there is nothing indicating a type then assume 3871 type C but some actually state 3871 type 2 or 3871 type C. New versions which were still being made up to recently will be 60898 type C and is written on them. The colour of the writing does not indicate its type but it's ka rating which off the top of my head I cannot recall. This information will be confirmed by Crabtree and they are perfectly safe for continued use. Ignore where it states Part 1 on the side this is not a type but it's compliance with BS3871 Part 1.

But without reference to a regulation how can it be recorded as an observation on an eicr?
Didn't say I agreed with it but it is a fact that the proposal to require the Regulation breached to be recorded against the Observation was rejected when the final draft of BS7671 was published.

Didn't say I agreed with it but it is a fact that the proposal to require the Regulation breached to be recorded against the Observation was rejected when the final draft of BS7671 was published.
Since when did you have to include the regulation number on the observation sheet?

Sorry wasn't meant as a direct reply to you

'Twas what I was taught on my 2391. Without the qualifier of the reg number the inspector leaves themselves open to the question of "who says" and (often) "you're making it up to create work for yourself "

I never quote Regs. on an EICR.
What I do is state the fault and quote the appropriate Reg. No.
For instance:
Lack of RCD protection for sockets intended for general use in accordance with Regulation 411.3.3.

Reply to Crabtree c50 code 2 or not in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net