Discuss Crabtree Shaver Socket Removal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I have to remove a screw less chrome ( NOT THE FLAT ONES) cover plate of a crabtree shave socket and no luck to date

I notice that there are two little gaps that you can put a flat blade into but nothing seems to happen and I don't want to put loads of force on it in case it bends

Any Suggestions Thanks in advance

Fixed it

Just drive a small screw driver in as far as possible and gently leaver . The Plate is just pushed on with plugs and they eventually pop Get the driver in as far as possible so it get as close as possible to the studs and gently lever

This should do it!!

old-can-opener-16770509.jpg

anything is possible with a 16oZ hammer and a crow bar

no it's not. it couldn't fix my lappy. needed a computer genius. wipd out that god-awful vista and installed W7. so far, so good.

Hi I have to remove a screw less chrome ( NOT THE FLAT ONES) cover plate of a crabtree shave socket and no luck to date

I notice that there are two little gaps that you can put a flat blade into but nothing seems to happen and I don't want to put loads of force on it in case it bends

Any Suggestions Thanks in advance
Crikey, you are brave to come on here an admit that lol, fair play to you, my advice= don't drink before logging in pmsl.

Reply to Crabtree Shaver Socket Removal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
an electrician has installed a spur fuse(?) as part of a bathroom under floor heating installation. They removed a redundant plug socket just...
Replies
Views
Last time I posted on forum it was on the thorny issue of over unity machines which alas got confused with perpetual motion -- and other supposed...
Replies
Views
Here's a tip for anyone still using an old MFT1700 series tester. Mine dates from 2012. I found about three years in - by 2015 in this case, that...
Replies
Views
Hello, This is my first post and I hope it's ok to ask for advice even though I'm not an electrician. The forum rules don't seem to preclude...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock