Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Crazy Plumber in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. senor_fabulous

senor_fabulous Guest

I got a call from a plumber to price up a job for a 8.5 kW shower. So I went and had a look, told him could be a complete rewire here mate. He and the customer not pleased at this so I told them I will have to do some tests. Plumber says no no dont do that. I said I have to, and it will need a board change anyway. So he and the customer, went through the cable run route, about 18 metres and a right pig. Then the plumber told me he will supply materials, give him a list and I gave him a rough quote there and then. He said I,ve already quoted the customer less than that. He then got really agrressive dont you want £150 blah blah blah. For the fact he got nasty I said yeah I'll do it. He said great be here tommorow at 7. I have just got a call from him " are you coming dont you want £150 " I told him never to ring me again and put the phone down. A new shower cct and board change for £150 what an Nutter.

2. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Trusted Advisor

Was the CU that bad you needed to do a board change?

3. senor_fabulous

senor_fabulous Guest

Yep an old mem rewireable fuseboard cream in colour must be 50 - 60 years old

4. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

A henley block and a small C/U for shower would have done, no need to replace every time.

5. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Trusted Advisor

You've nicked my next suggestion Mark.................;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sparks1234

sparks1234 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    A2electrical.co.uk
    Should have walked away earlier,its not worth the agro

7. senor_fabulous

senor_fabulous Guest

i did think of that space is tight, just about get away with a board swap

8. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

Well, fair play for shafting the plumber like that, in the past when they or anyone are in mid rant I just walk away without saying anything and snigger to myself when they are shouting "oi, dont you walk away from me".

9. ghost

ghost Guest

You lasted longer in the room longer than I would have!!!!

10. SPARTYKUS

SPARTYKUS Trusted Advisor

Usually ends with a "you're breaking up......yep you've gone"

11. sparky1502

sparky1502 Guest

plumbing is a dirty trade....he has prob spent to much time twisting someones ubend....i would have told him to jog on....the idea of a quote is you price up materials and a labour price...they say yes or no...its not can u do it for 150 quid the tool....

12. DurhamSparky

DurhamSparky Guest

hahahhahahaha!! ge in!! if you go to plumbing forum later there wil be a post saying some stupid electrician or somit!

• Like Like x 2
  13. senor_fabulous

senor_fabulous Guest

A grade A tool of the highest order, he should stick to breaking up other people's jobbies than dictating terms to sparks

14. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    ask the pratt if he'll install you a new boiler for £150. you'll buy the boiler so he can't put a mark up on it.

15. senor_fabulous

senor_fabulous Guest

Yep could well be. It will start Am I an Angry Nutter, I have been shafted by a spark all because I tried to dictate a price on a job. Oh well there is always my trusty plunger. He was good looking though. LOL