Discuss Crazy Plumber in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bathroom radiator bonded if the earth resistance is more than 0.05 ohms, if I remember right...

Yes some do seem to use this though IMO I would rather do an IR test from the MET to the pipework and prove if it was an extraneous conductive part. If you get a value of over 22k ohm then it is not classed as a ECP, though I like to go up 1 komh to 23kohm.

If there are circuits in there that are non RCD protected ie the lights, and the IR tests confirms that the piepwork is an ECP, if there were no bonding to it I would bond it. Though that may be easier said than done espicially if the client as renovated his bathroom and dosen't relish the fact you want to run a 4mm conductor from his pipework to the nearest CPC.

I got a call from a plumber to price up a job for a 8.5 kW shower. So I went and had a look, told him could be a complete rewire here mate. He and the customer not pleased at this so I told them I will have to do some tests. Plumber says no no dont do that. I said I have to, and it will need a board change anyway. So he and the customer, went through the cable run route, about 18 metres and a right pig. Then the plumber told me he will supply materials, give him a list and I gave him a rough quote there and then. He said I,ve already quoted the customer less than that. He then got really agrressive dont you want £150 blah blah blah. For the fact he got nasty I said yeah I'll do it. He said great be here tommorow at 7. I have just got a call from him " are you coming dont you want £150 " I told him never to ring me again and put the phone down. A new shower cct and board change for £150 what an Nutter.

Should have said thats your problem and you have informed the LABC by the way.

I can never understand "trade bullying" I have seen it a few times . The last many years ago. The "Bone head" went nuts and smacked a small foreign laborer. I was all over him in seconds and fronted him. Now he was a big guy, but even he knew he was going to get hurt one way or another . he was off site that day and his company sacked him .

I would never ever let a client or a trades person talk down to me

Reply to Crazy Plumber in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net