Discuss criticise me? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RyanCheetham

I have been rewiring a 2 bed semi on my own this past week, there was supposed to be 3 of us on it but other jobs got in the way. Anyway i am impressed with my speed and would like to guage it against others, so if you would not mind offering your opinions.

The job is as follows;

2 bed semi with a foot print of 92 square meters. Lathe and plaster ceilings and suspeded ground floor over a 10inch crawl space. It is unoccupied and no other trades in at the same time. Board at front of the house and kitchen at the rear with the boiler and mains water stopcock. Gas meter at front of the house.

Kitchen RFC with 5 double sockets and 3 isolators.
Ground floor RFC with 14 double sockets.
First floor RFC with 9 double sockets, including one in the loft for tv splitter and fused spur powering a 4ft flourescent.
Ground floor lights with 2 outside lights, 3 pendants, 13 JCC7s and a Jeanie switched batten holder in a cupboard. All looped at switches with an intermediate for the hall.
First floor lights supplying 2 pendants, a Jeanie switched cupboard light, 10 JCC7s, a shaver point and an extract fan.
Boiler supply including room stat cable ready for new combi boiler.
Door bell supply.
Main bonding.
Cooker supply.
Smoke alarms interlinked down and up.
3 BT points, 2 downstairs and one upstairs, star type system.
4 TV points, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs taken to a singular point in the loft.

All new chases, ripping out cable as i go, all 35mm back boxes and cables just capped in chases and clipped in voids.

I have first fixed all of it in 4 days, 8am until around 6pm. I have 2 more days to second fix, change board and test.

What do you think?

My last rewire i did on my own took me 14 days start to finish but it was occupied. I tried telling the mrs how impressed i was with myself but she didnt understand. I hoped like minded people on here may share my enthusiasm lol

Im just waiting for someone to post how they fitted a board in 28 minutes and rewired a house in a day....

Its coming.
pretty good I'd say and I bet its a good job too.

Cheers guys, will get some pics for you. On a related note the original board has what looks like 6mm tails powering it, yet they are 16mm from cut out to the meter. A first time for me, is this a common occurance?

Very good it's amassing the difference a empty house makes. I hate occupied houses to the point I nearly always out price my self on them.

Cheers guys, will get some pics for you. On a related note the original board has what looks like 6mm tails powering it, yet they are 16mm from cut out to the meter. A first time for me, is this a common occurance?

quite probably had the tails from cut-out to meter upgraded by supplier, but tails from meter to CU not their responsibility.

Good going matey! One of those jobs that makes you feel good.

Karma will take over now though, You will go to swap a socket faceplate next week....snap a lug and spend half a day on it. That will teach you to brag :)

But seriously, well done!

These are the tails i was asking about. I finished second fixing today but didnt get a chance to test so i failed my 5 day deadline, but i am still happy.

Attachments

• DSC00256.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 40

Reply to criticise me? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net