Discuss CT wiring diagram in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DHES

Afternoon all
Does any body have a wiring diagram for the installation of CT'S into a ryfield ct chamber.
I have installed the chamber and the eon meter installer had said it is my responsibility to wire the CT'S and do all the interconnecting cabling to allow him to fit a meter. I have had a very quick look at Google but cannot seem to find anything.
Can anybody help?

I don't actually know eon have given no info at all.
All the info I have is its an 80kva supply.

From the Ryefield site

IMPORTANT
In June 2013 we understand that there were changes in legislation, which transferred responsibility for the provision of CT chambers. In some instances this has taken the responsibility away from the electrical contractor / installer and passed it to the electricity supplier. Before ordering a CT chamber, please confirm who has responsibility for supplying the CT chamber with your electricity supplier.

Yeah wish my wholesaler had told me this beforehand.
I popped into ryfield Friday but they never had any diagrams to help although Vince tried and had a look through all his paperwork it no luck. That's why I thought I'd try here

Sorry Tony misread your post.
I was happy to install the chamber but I was under the impression that the meter installer would provide the CT'S and the meter and all interconnecting wiring. But I'm now told this is not the case.

What surprises me is the metering company requiring the contractor to wire the CT’s. If I was billing someone I wouldn’t trust them to make the connections.

UKPN require a metering test block but looking on the Ryefield site I can’t see one fitted to the 400A unit.

I would have thought the CT'S would be supplied with the meter. Never heard of the DNO allowing a contractor to install and connect to any of their equipment. It makes no sense at all!! But then nothing much does in the UK today... lol!!

What surprises me is the metering company requiring the contractor to wire the CT’s. If I was billing someone I wouldn’t trust them to make the connections.

UKPN require a metering test block but looking on the Ryefield site I can’t see one fitted to the 400A unit.
Totally agree and I argued this point to the main builder and he just came back saying it's what they want just do it.

I suppose with Ryefied being a recognised supplier they meet the metering companies standards.

It will be interesting to see your photographs DHES. I checked on UKPN’s requirements and they ask for a test terminal block. BTW these aren’t just a row of terminals, they allow for testing the CT’s while under load and as metering equipment will be sealed.

Still seems weird to me.

The test terminal block comes in the chamber along with 3 fuse holders. It's just the wiring diagram it does not come with

So once you've installed them, who's responsible for the correct functionality? Will UKPN come and commission?

You may have just stumbled across the reason why they want someone else to fit it!

Unlikely that UKPN will commission it if EON are the meter operators ;)

Didn't read the thread properly, I thought UKPN was looking after the meter as well.

So I'm guessing that EON must have to come and prove everything ok, if you were the dishonest type there's a few ways of making it read slower than it should!

Not really sure all I know is they want me to do all the wiring and they install the meter to the front of the CT chamber box. At the end of the day i have no interest in making it read slower all I want is to get paid and move on the the next job. Just wish they would have drawings of exactly what they need to see. Ie do I drill the hole in the front of the chamber for the meter to mount? If so how big and where would they like it. What size fuses do they need to de rate for connection to the meter. surly it can't be that hard to get the info together.

Reply to CT wiring diagram in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock