Discuss Customer bought funky light... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leader

-
Reaction score
...but it came with a plug and wants it to be hard wired into the lighting circuit. I haven't come across this before and I'm not sure that it's permissible? Any thoughts?

Cheers

...but it came with a plug and wants it to be hard wired into the lighting circuit. I haven't come across this before and I'm not sure that it's permissible? Any thoughts?

Cheers
My friend bought a funky light from somewhere and asked me if I would fit it for Her, it was funkying awful to fit but managed in the end, told her not to buy any more funky lights, cus I wont be fitting any more, funky that for a game of soldiers.

I was just thinking, remove the switch & plug top and connect to the existing wall light, and the 6amp mcb should be just good to go, as long as the 'tranny' is doing something unusual. :)

Just had this job in. "Please fit this antique lamp that we've just bought, the shop owner says that it's been rewired to the latest standard" - I wonder whose standard. Great looking flex though, it'll look like I've hung it on a bit of FP200.
IMG_2857.JPG

Great looking flex though, it'll look like I've hung it on a bit of FP200.
That's not as good as my Pyro pendant.

I'd just wire the wall light in to a suitable outlet plate and stick the thing on the wall. Job done.

You could use LED lamps which will draw substantially less than 28 10W halogens. 10A is usually overkill for most domestic lighting circuits, especially now with LEDs everywhere. I switched on all the lights here, including table lamps, the loft light and outside lights and measured a current of about 0.7A total.

They both have 3amp plugs on them, tried to open them up to look at the transformer but that's a no go.

It could be a rave, the lounge lights have started strobing. I think the problem Isla with the new dimmer switch they've just put on. It's a click which I normally tend to steer clear of, anyone else have problems with this brand?

Reply to Customer bought funky light... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net