Discuss Dan Mawson.. Happy to answer any electrical or plumbing questions....Fire Away in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've no experience of these type of companies as a consumer. Seems to me what I've read on this forum from members doing work for such, and then not getting paid and for consumers paying over the odds by the charges of 'these' companies, borders on the criminal. But then I know of others selling the virtual of the likes of 'Check a Trade' etc.

Whilst I offer my opinion on this forum, I don't do so to advertise my very small business here, nor would I feel comfortable doing so. Therefore I just clicked the report button, lets see what happens?

Slightly fishy. National company with one contact number that is a mobile. States its NICEIC registered but I can't find any hits similar on company name or post code. Would be interesting to know if they are happy to name any of the clients that they've done work for as per the glossy photos. Please shoot me down in flames and tell me I'm a suspicious cynical old g*t!

Hi Dan, when quoting would you include 'remediation' - making good the chased out walls etc.
If not - how much cheaper would you quote.

Sorry Everyone, been busy doing work and not had time to comment on here. Yeah most of the work is sub contracted. Multicore operate national but we have our own engineers in 48 places. The rest of the work is contracted out. We contract the work by contacting engineers with only good reviews and feedback and trailing them on the job, if they do well we will them use them again if needed.
The reason we show only a mobile number FAT ALAN is because on our ads its more personal and they can phone me directly rather than ringing a call centre.
All our engineers get paid as if you read our terms & conditions it states that the customer will be paying for the labour directly to the engineer.
Any more questions....?

Thanks for coming back Dan.

As you can tell, myself and some others are not fans of these types of organisation yours appears to be. Multicore National portrays itself as an emergency response company, available 24/7. Whilst I commend anybody, trying to establish a business in a niche market, I do think your prospective customers, will be by the nature of your work, will be quite desperate potentially, and perhaps submit themselves to such emergency work, without having the time to reflect on the potential costs involved, I can't see any hourly rates, call out fees etc on your web site? It's okay to say they will be informed of costs on calling, but some people, especially the elderly, will feel obliged to have the emergency work carried out after contacting you, when they may have reconsidered, had they seen the approximate costs, prior. Do you get many calls from commercial or industrial clients, or is your client base mostly domestic?

This whole thing reflects on the current shambles, with Part P and competent persons. If you excuse me, a rather flashy web site, with largely unqualified boasts, I've tried to read your reviews, but only found one by Yell, but doesn't say who wrought it.

I do largely small domestic works, only having been doing so for 4 years. I get most of my work, word of mouth and a small amount from local advertising. Quite a lot of my customers are concerned that they get a fully qualified tradesperson, but the people who contact me via my advertising, don't know me from Adam. I like to think a do a good job for them at a reasonable cost. But I'm upfront with my prices, and I do very few jobs without providing a quotation, and time for them to consider.

Again, not questioning your integrity. Good luck in your new business venture.

Hi there, we are very reasonably priced and a lot of our customers think so. We solve the original emergency and prevent it causing any more damage.
You can call us for advice and are under no obligation to buy our service. But when its 2 am and nobody is answering the phone we come in very helpful to a lot of people.
All the engineers that do work for us are happy with what they get paid and we have had no complaints so far.
We appreciate your feedback on our business
Regards
Dan

Reply to Dan Mawson.. Happy to answer any electrical or plumbing questions....Fire Away in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock