Discuss Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Straight yes or no, do you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
T

trev

To the best of my knowledge we've never had this out on here. So, Pope: Death Penalty Represents 'Failure'
The leader of the world's catholics has spoken out against it and if you're one of them there's the concept of Papal Infallibility as he has a direct line to god (allegedly)
Opinions please my learned friends.
I'm against it (I'll bet none of you are surprised)

Death penalty for certain crimes as a deterrent for others thinking about committing the same act. Murder, rape and anything to do with kids in the same respect.

Controversial topic, this should be interesting?

asa paul, but guilt must be without a shadow of doubt, not beyond reasonable doubt. after all, the death penalty is irreversible, unless you were born in a stable in bethlehem.

Barry George was convicted beyond all reasonable doubt Tel. A lot of forensic evidence was presented to the court and he was found guilty. Under the UK system he would have hanged after three Sundays had passed from the date of sentencing

Against it, As much as some things sicken me to the core. I support less prison in general BUT when something merits prison then the convicted should serve a full sentence with a hard regime with forced education/training AND psychiatric help throughout their sentence. I also like the models of prisons where they almost fund themselves with agriculture and farming and the like. I also think reintegration into society is the most overlooked and under funded part of the penal system.

I am struggling with the death penalty being a deterrent to certain crimes that would attract it. I don't think it is but have nothing to reference this. As a form of retribution, I am uncomfortable with it and would never vote for it. The other thing of course is that our police / criminal justice system is not perfect so its always possible we could kill one of citizens in error. It is were it belongs ( confined to history)

I think the proof that the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent is the USA's crime rate/murder rate compared as a percentage to ours. BTW you could substitute the usa for any other country with the death penalty. Most murders are heat of the moment by someone known to the victim. Im afraid in the heat of the moment people don't stop and think "bloody hell I might swing/fry for this"....they normally think that way on death row, bit too late then.

As others have said, Murder, anything to do with harming Children, Rape, Terrorism, could merit the death penalty, but and it's a big but the guilt would need to be beyond any doubt.

When you think of the lives that are all but over, or ruined as a result of some of these crimes, the red mist comes down "hang him, shot the biiger" we say, but easier said than done, will it deter people? you only have to look at America to get that answer.

I have worked in countries where retribution for less serious crimes is swift and brutal, I have witnessed it first hand, up close and real, it's not nice.

There would be no reprieve for the guilty, no retrials.

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime....

As far as I remember, 90% of crime is committed by about 10% of the criminals - so repeat offenders should have progressively long sentences.

As for the death penalty - hum... never sure that actually helps as sooner or later somebody who's innocent is a victim.

asa paul, but guilt must be without a shadow of doubt, not beyond reasonable doubt. after all, the death penalty is irreversible, unless you were born in a stable in bethlehem.

or called Ukesrail, essexboy or essex he's been risen from the dead at least 4 times!!

So what would you do with someone like JIHAD JOHN?? Why the hell should we keep these sort of people for the rest of their life at a horrendous cost to the country?? All while they brainwash others into becoming carbon copies of themselves!!..,

Personally no need for any execution ceremony/procedure, ...on the due court assigned date, taken to a tiled room and a single bullet to the back of the head.... Sorted!!

Works pretty well over here in China!! lol!

Some people are just pure Evil, that just have no place in this world, so why prolong the the inevitable!!

So what would you do with someone like JIHAD JOHN?? Why the hell should we keep these sort of people for the rest of their life at a horrendous cost to the country?? All while they brainwash others into becoming carbon copies of themselves!!..,

Personally no need for any execution ceremony/procedure, ...on the due court assigned date, taken to a tiled room and a single bullet to the back of the head.... Sorted!!

Some people are just pure Evil, that just have no place in this world, so why prolong the the inevitable!!

Do the Chinese bother with that step?

There are always cases that can be cited like him. What would you say to the family of Barry George had he been executed?

Reply to Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock