Discuss Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Straight yes or no, do you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think the death penalty should be reintroduced in the UK but only for murder, brutal rape, and any kind of child related sexual crime & child murder aswell as attempted child kidnap.
The only time a murderer shall not receive a death sentence shall be in the instance a person kills who he/she suspects beyond ALL reasonable doubt that the victim had indeed murdered another person or had sexually abused a child.

I think that the person receiving the death penalty should be killed humanly by a single head shot by a marksman at the earliest time possible following trail. Now if the guards want to give a child rapist a good slap before hand or accidently let the child's parents in the same room as the murderer, I think this is acceptable as long as he is conscious to receive the bullet.

But for sentencing to be passed, DNA matching must be 100% matched from offender to victim in order to ensure the correct person is being punished. Because of a lack of DNA technology previously, death sentencing was abolished because it had been proven that the justice system was flawed and innocent people were hung for crimes they did not commit

I think the death penalty should be reintroduced in the UK but only for murder, brutal rape, and any kind of child related sexual crime & child murder aswell as attempted child kidnap.
The only time a murderer shall not receive a death sentence shall be in the instance a person kills who he/she suspects beyond ALL reasonable doubt that the victim had indeed murdered another person or had sexually abused a child.

I think that the person receiving the death penalty should be killed humanly by a single head shot by a marksman at the earliest time possible following trail. Now if the guards want to give a child rapist a good slap before hand or accidently let the child's parents in the same room as the murderer, I think this is acceptable as long as he is conscious to receive the bullet.

But for sentencing to be passed, DNA matching must be 100% matched from offender to victim in order to ensure the correct person is being punished. Because of a lack of DNA technology previously, death sentencing was abolished because it had been proven that the justice system was flawed and innocent people were hung for crimes they did not commit
Child Rapist Raped, Stitched By Medics and Re-Raped By 20 Prisoners | Leekpost
A similar thing happened in brazil, where a child rapist/killer was released into general prison population and recieved a queery kind of justice

One for the daily heil readers
FBI and Justice Department admit forensic unit gave flawed evidence | Daily Mail Online

For those who can't be bothered to read it says that DNA evidence was 'interpreted' to favour the prosecution. I studied A level Biology up to undergraduate level and despite the way the media portray DNA evidence as the be all and end all, I'm sorry to say there are many variables which are unfortunately beyond the understanding of your average jury member.

Last edited:
One for the daily heil readers
FBI and Justice Department admit forensic unit gave flawed evidence | Daily Mail Online

For those who can't be bothered to read it says that DNA evidence was 'interpreted' to favour the prosecution. I studied A level Biology up to undergraduate level and despite the way the media portray DNA evidence as the be all and end all, I'm sorry to say there are many variables which are unfortunately beyond the understanding of your average jury member.
would you care to try to explain to the rest of us that don't know a great deal about dna?

It is not the use of DNA evidence that is an issue imho it is probably the most reliable evidence used in court. The possible issues are explained quite well in this article by Professor William Thompson. Please read and make your own mind up but I believe he raises some interesting points about the possibility of human error in the collection and analysis of DNA evidence.

Gene Watch Page

The death penalty should not come back. But certain crimes should be punished by entire life imprisonment, and the prison time should be hard. As in hard labour 18 hours a day. No cushy holiday camps..

The death penalty should not come back. But certain crimes should be punished by entire life imprisonment, and the prison time should be hard. As in hard labour 18 hours a day. No cushy holiday camps..
they should have no tv,radio or internet of any kind.

people that are in for life should be given a length of rope to keep in the cell

there in prison as punishment but a lot get a bed,plenty of food and are allowed tv's etc.

no wonder it costs a fortune to imprison them

Last edited:
There's no perfect justice system, but I favour the death penalty, for individuals like the moors murderers, the yorkshire ripper, the killers of Lee Rigby (RIP), where there is NO doubt,

I'm for the death penalty if it's beyond any doubt that the individual commited a crime worthy of death. I.E. Murder.

I get what you're all saying about DNA not being 100% conclusive and that some people have been put to death that shouldn't, which is extremley sad. However ...

Scumbags like the one's that murdered Lee Rigby, should not just be given the death penalty they should be hung, drawn and quatered. Makes me feel sick that we keep them in a holiday camp of a prison.

£44,000 per year average per prisoner

I get we pay for the prisoners, which makes me sick ... however i don't for one minute believe that 44k figure no matter what evidence you put in front of me.

The majority of that will be a prison guards wage, which he gets anyway - prisoners basically get free electricity, water and food - that surely, surely can't add up to 44k a year unless they're having lobster for breakfast and swan for tea.

I get what you're all saying about DNA not being 100% conclusive and that some people have been put to death that shouldn't, which is extremley sad. However ...

Are you for real? Daily Mail reader? Is it OK to take an innocent life so you can be sure the guys you really hate get done too? There is no logic whatsoever to capital punishment, ever. This is not least because it doesn't work. It isn't a deterrent, and that's easily shown. Ask yourself this; why, in countries which execute, are they still executing? What happened to the deterrent value of the death penalty? If you're still executing prioners, then people are still being murdered. So, meuderers are not bein g deterred. QED.

In places like the USA, where some very brutal prison regimes indeed exist, crime rates are horrendous. In Austria, wuith a very liberal regime, crime rates are low. So, while it might seem counter-intuitiveto treat prisoners with kindness rather than brutality, all serious gathered evidence suggests otherwise. So, if we find that hard to accept, it might just be us who are wrong, and maybe we need to start listening more and reacting less.

Are you for real? Daily Mail reader? Is it OK to take an innocent life so you can be sure the guys you really hate get done too? There is no logic whatsoever to capital punishment, ever. This is not least because it doesn't work. It isn't a deterrent, and that's easily shown. Ask yourself this; why, in countries which execute, are they still executing? What happened to the deterrent value of the death penalty? If you're still executing prioners, then people are still being murdered. So, meuderers are not bein g deterred. QED.

In places like the USA, where some very brutal prison regimes indeed exist, crime rates are horrendous. In Austria, wuith a very liberal regime, crime rates are low. So, while it might seem counter-intuitiveto treat prisoners with kindness rather than brutality, all serious gathered evidence suggests otherwise. So, if we find that hard to accept, it might just be us who are wrong, and maybe we need to start listening more and reacting less.

10/10 for how you've quoted me.

No, its not OK to take innocent lives.

But if you murder someone you should pay with your own life - that has nothing to do with it being a deterrent or how high or low crime rates are.

10/10 for how you've quoted me.

No, its not OK to take innocent lives.

But if you murder someone you should pay with your own life - that has nothing to do with it being a deterrent or how high or low crime rates are.

I wouldn't say kill them though.

I'd say make them work it off in prison for life.

I can't be bothered with heated debates on here. The truth is, its a democracy and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. They're no right or wrong answers.

Reply to Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock