Discuss Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Straight yes or no, do you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've probably posted this before but the verdict comes down to twelve people who have no specific expertise. If the death penalty was brought back, a person's life could depend on those twelve.

I have served on a jury on an indecent assault case. The judges final instruction was "If you have any doubt, you must give a not guilty verdict."
The case was so full of holes that the whole prosecution was a farce. The verdict could have been delivered in ten minutes. Except one member of the jury said he was unsure and wanted to speak his piece. So, an hour later.......and eleven people reminding him of the judge's instructions.....

Where there is no doubt of the persons responsible, I have no problem with the death penalty. My confusion is when it gets reported that people suffered during execution (America), why the hell it cant be carried out similar to putting down a dog I don't know. Put them to sleep, just like you would pre an operation, then give the lethal dose. Simples.
They won't do it again, it will free up space in the prisons, and I don't care if it isn't a deterrent.
When you read about youths stamping on a pregnant womans stomach, and knifing innocent kids on bikes to death, mainly to big themselves up in front of there neandertal mates, etc etc, I have no qualms about ridding society of this evil from our streets and our tax bill.
Sorry to disappoint, but that's all I'm going to say on it and am not going to get drawn into debate. Its just my opinion and we know its not going to happen anyway.

Last edited:
Where there is no doubt of the persons responsible, I have no problem with the death penalty. My confusion is when it gets reported that people suffered during execution (America), why the hell it cant be carried out similar to putting down a dog I don't know. Put them to sleep, just like you would pre an operation, then give the lethal dose. Simples.
They won't do it again, it will free up space in the prisons, and I don't care if it isn't a deterrent.
When you read about youths stamping on a pregnant womans stomach, and knifing innocent kids on bikes to death, mainly to big themselves up in front of there neandertal mates, etc etc, I have no qualms about ridding society of this evil from our streets and our tax bill.
Sorry to disappoint, but that's all I'm going to say on it and am not going to get drawn into debate. Its just my opinion and we know its not going to happen anyway.
Fine. But read my point about who makes the innocent/guilty decision.

I get we pay for the prisoners, which makes me sick ... however i don't for one minute believe that 44k figure no matter what evidence you put in front of me.

The majority of that will be a prison guards wage, which he gets anyway - prisoners basically get free electricity, water and food - that surely, surely can't add up to 44k a year unless they're having lobster for breakfast and swan for tea.
But you have to take account of the total cost which includes the wages for prison officers, the upkeep of the building, etc.
If there were no prisoners you would need that so you have to factor it in.

can we give awkward customers the death penalty, alongside plumbers, of course.?

dead from the neck up. wet from the neck down. hence the term "wet-pants"

Reply to Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock