Discuss Decent homes price work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dazlee

-
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been given a call today about going self employed for a decent homes contractor. I'm working for a company doing the same thing at the mo. Does anyone have any idea on what is a good rate for the kitchen and bathroom rewires in the Essex Suffolk area. I'd just like to get an idea before talking to the guy tomorrow. Cheers

I would be offering a site visit to help determine the costs before the company quotes the end user - far less stress in the end.

Seen far too many contractors who have been stitched up completely by fixed price installs!

All decent homes works are set prices, so your get told what your getting.

10 years ago I was getting £250 for a kitchen with a board change and doing one a day and getting 4/5 week.

I done 8 years of it in total and that included rewires, heatings, and all sorts of other works in communal areas of flats etc

You have to be well organised, efficient and quick and prepared to work late to earn half decent money. Whether there's any money in it still I don't know.

Good luck

and don't forget.... no holiday pay, no sick pay, CIS tax and do your own returns, consider this and all the above posts before deciding.

I had a phone call a couple of years ago regarding this type of work. The only price I got from them before I switched off was change a DB was about £35.00 . I asked about testing and what hapened if there were faults that needed to be sorted if RCD was tripping out the reply was well yes that needs sorting too. For some reason I decided against it.

Reply to Decent homes price work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, Due to growth within the business we are looking for additional electricians to come on board to service upcoming contracts...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
This drives me round the twist, the client tells you what they want, kind of. you do the work the way the client asks you to and then when its all...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here and sort of new to pricing my own work. Bit of background on me, I've been working as an electrician for a company based...
Replies
Views
Hi all, biting my tongue here! Have recently gone self employed in January, so cashflow is critical right now. I done some work for a lady...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock