Discuss Delay start timer extractor on ceiling mounted PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lazlo

Need to provide customer with delay start, timer run on extractor fan which is operated by a ceiling mounted PIR, has anyone carried this out who is aware of anything I should look out for of apart from the obvious doubling up of timers...

Thanks

i would think that a timer to delay the switched L to the fan would work without upsetting the integral timer .

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I have an off the shelf delay start, timer extractor fan in mind just going to use the PIR to trigger it. I'm thinking there shouldn't be any issues but just thought I'd check....

Yes but the standard PIRs don't seem to have a delay energise option? I need a delay energise ceiling mounted PIR. If it's going to be a headache I'll just stick a silent timer fan with integral PIR, just a shame you can't get these with a delay start....

The Airflow Icon range of fans comes with an option for delay start (there's loads of different plug & play modules for 'em). Should do what you want, hooked up to a PIR

IF you have the PIR energising the time delay function you need to know how the time delay works.
Does the time delay receive a single pulse that starts the timer and the function proceeds from there.
Does the time delay start when a supply is removed.
Does the time delay start when power is applied and then needs that power until the time delay finishes.
and so on.

If there is a single signal pulse applied then the PIR can be set to the shortest time and apply that pulse, however if the PIR activates again and supplies a pulse does this reset the time delay?

As you can see there are some difficulties in applying control without knowing how the system works.

Think I'll go with JulianC option, I'll get the gear and test it on the bench before installing....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Delay start timer extractor on ceiling mounted PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock