Discuss Design of consumer units for amendment 3 in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We are talking about a regulation which requires a non-combustible material, but offers no definition of non-combustible.

Why do you need BS7671 to tell you the definition of a well used English word? Non-combustible means a material that does not ignite itself when a flame is in contact with it. I think you are joking now. Lol.

Why do you need BS7671 to tell you the definition of a well used English word? Non-combustible means a material that does not ignite itself when a flame is in contact with it. I think you are joking now. Lol.

I am not joking.
Language by it's very nature is constantly evolving and subject to regional variations and interpretation. Different dictionaries will give different definitions of the same word.

I am not joking.
Language by it's very nature is constantly evolving and subject to regional variations and interpretation. Different dictionaries will give different definitions of the same word.

We are talking about the English language not regional dialect or slang. Yes language evolves. So has this thread.

The steel wool exercise illustrates the principle on metal so thin that the heat provided by a candle allows for oxidization with the oxygen present in the atmosphere.

You didn't give any limits on the thickness of the material in your definition of non-combustible so that must count as proof that steel is combustible by your definition surely?

It is entirely the fault of the IET for this half-arsed badly thought out reg.

On one hand they were saying this amd was to harmonise with other international standards and Europe, okay so far if that was what is meant...

Then they ignore one international standard completely (glow wire test) because it does not fit their narrative, then we find this particular reg has a 200 suffix, which means it is a UK only reg, so much for harmonising with Europe then!, oh! and for good measure we will delay the implementation of said BS (Bull $hit :) ) for another year, you could not make this S*it up if you tried lol.

It is entirely the fault of the IET for this half-arsed badly thought out reg.

On one hand they were saying this amd was to harmonise with other international standards and Europe, okay so far if that was what is meant...

Then they ignore one international standard completely (glow wire test) because it does not fit their narrative, then we find this particular reg has a 200 suffix, which means it is a UK only reg, so much for harmonising with Europe then!, oh! and for good measure we will delay the implementation of said BS (Bull $hit :) ) for another year, you could not make this S*it up if you tried lol.

spot on lol

Reply to Design of consumer units for amendment 3 in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock