Discuss Difficulty getting MWC in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why didnt you test it ?. How stupid you'd look if the radials had insulation or continuity issues and had to be ripped out again no?. However installs it tests and certifys it in my GN 3 unless its changed ?.
I didnt test it because I did not energize it and there was no equipment attached to it; my reasoning was that the shed would have wanted to test/certify it anyhow as a matter of course. As I say the cable is accessible and visible in the loft.
If there was already a suitably sized old cable to the showerthere they would have tested that would they not ? So whats the difference to them they could have issued a MWC for that. So in this instance the issues are cause its a new cable never been energized so yes I stand corrected its an EIC. Never come across this particular scenario before and so thought to ask what the consensus is. I might call the shed envolved and go over with them to get their view.

If I ever connected equipment to an existing circuit, new/old/disconnected/ or not, I would certainly test it and if I was gonna test it I might as well write results on a MWC or EIC.

Last edited:

Reply to Difficulty getting MWC in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I was on a small job today changing a consumer unit and they customer just a few weeks ago had a brand-new luxury bathroom / showroom done by a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
At a bread and butter job, loose socket, socket not working, change two lights. Sticking out rather like a sore thumb was this (I removed the wire...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Doing some testing today on a Wet Room installation. Fed from its own small CU. And consists of 2 x seperate 50A (for 10.5kw shower) circuits...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock