Discuss Diplomat - Hob - No Power ? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Boat-renovation.com

First of all hello I'm New to the forum :) I have a Diplomat hob it would seem separate from the oven For some reason after last night's cooking session it'd no longer powering up. At first I thought it may be a fuse so I've tried all of the fused switches by the oven to no avail. They all turn off different appliances fridge oven fan etc There is one isolation switch red that doesn't seem to do anything could this be for the hob - what to try next ?Diplomat - Hob - No Power ? 20161019_085656 - EletriciansForums.net Diplomat - Hob - No Power ? 20161019_085639 - EletriciansForums.net

that red switch is either oven or hob or as it looks , both. if you pull the oven out you should fins a connection unit with 2 cables coming out, one to oven and one to hob. there could be a poor connection, or the hob is at fault. it's also possible that one of the FCU's nxt to the red 45A switch is for the oven. find out what will kill the clock display.

Hello thankyou for your help to confirm the fused switch next to the red isolation switch does turn the oven off. The red switch however doesn't turn the oven off - so can I conclude the red switch is for the hob

looks about right then. the hob on that red switch will be on it's own circuit. probably a 32A breaker.

Sorted - strangely on the main house circuit board it had tripped, more confusingly it was labeld cooker although it had tripped off and the oven was still working. No great if you think you've isolated the oven at the mains when it's actually the hob.

Hi - Glad that's sorted. I've had mislabelled stuff at mine, so I was thinking that as you've started, you might like to check and confirm each of the fuse connection units and switches vs the labels on your board. Maybe confirm fuse sizes in the fcu too. Embarrassed to say one at mine was a 13A when it's just the extractor fan for the hob and should've been 3A. Probably been in since refurbed 10yrs ago (not me Guv). A new set of consumer unit labels readily available off eBay if it's all a bit of a mess. Cheers, David.

so, in conclusion, the oven is fed from the rfc via a FCU, the hob is on it;s own, labelled oven at CU. this was probably done before appliances were fitted, just relabel the existing cooker breaker as hob.

Reply to Diplomat - Hob - No Power ? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock