Discuss Dishwasher tripping in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

junior-sparky

Afternoon all,

going to look at my friends parents dishwasher today.

when connected to the kitchen ring it trips RCD but they have since had it connected to an extension lead from the lounge and it doesn't trip.

i was pre thinking that there maybe water at the socket.

Does anyone one have any thoughts before I turn up of possible answers?

dishwasher is about a year old.

if the kitchen and lounge are separate circuits, there could be some leakage on the kitchen circuit and dishwasher is adding enough to reach the threshold of the RCD. a ramp test and an earth leakage clamp test would help.

If the kettle is on the same circuit and (I assume) it doesn't trip the RCD, get them to try it on the suspect socket.
One way or another, the tea will be ready for when you arrive.

could even be a dodgy socket. a bit of resistance in either L or N could lead to an imbalance

Well what can I say about the pic. It was at the DBDishwasher tripping photo 1 - EletriciansForums.netDishwasher tripping photo 2 - EletriciansForums.net

both RCD's failed at first stage of testing.

In the upside the ze was only 0.12

think that's his Zs. obviously there's a problem somewhere. could just be the MCB/s inflating the result.

yep exactly what I thought the house is a bodge of wires and wires. moldy walls with metal faceplates, infact nearly everything is metal

and with that reading i wouldnt want to live there.

maybe it was in the off position :-D

haha. nice try. i might be thick, but i'm not stupid. it was one of them horrible lever types where you have to push the lever down then up to reset. MEM , i think.

anyways , lets not get distracted by the fact that one poster seems to be commenting on another posters thread as if he's seen / been at the job ???

i smell a rat !

Reply to Dishwasher tripping in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock