Discuss Distribution board height when replacing original ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

romps

Replacing a dis board at a house its 6ft up inside a cupboard . What height does this have to be for the new board ?
Do i have to lower it for part M ?
I`m using this for one of my assessment jobs so i want it to be right
All answers appreciated ( even the smug ones )

Part M only applies to new buildings, so its not compulsory to have it as a certain height..... but the CU should be at a height which is 'readily accessible'. I take it you would have to extend the cables if you wanted to lower it? This shouldnt be a great hassle should it...

Replacing a dis board at a house its 6ft up inside a cupboard . What height does this have to be for the new board ?
Do i have to lower it for part M ?
I`m using this for one of my assessment jobs so i want it to be right
All answers appreciated ( even the smug ones )
still no common sense in here...

guess i didnt miss much ....

come on O/P...you really will ask for it with posts like this....

I blame myself i really do,I did say all answers appreciated ( even the smug ones )
Guess which category you fall in ?

Only one user account is permitted so your alter ego has now been deleted.

What make of din rail connectors are those? Just been onto the Line website and they seem to have stopped selling them. I need to buy quite a lot of them so looking for something which is good value!

they were screw ones from local wholesaler. wago do push-ins, and i'm sure line do them.

Line usually do them but they aren't coming up on their website any more. Will have a look for the wago ones. Don't want to use screw terminals, might as well use connector blocks! ;)

Reply to Distribution board height when replacing original ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net