Discuss DNO Approval - Urgent in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

NicoGoodwin

Unexpectedly, we have just been given the go-ahead to install pv on two doctors surgeries for an 8.8kW and 14.6kW installation
Does anyone have any advice at all on whether it's possible to get quick DNO approval for these?
We have the kit and the manpower to install...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

You don't need DNO approval for the 8.8 Kw system as long as you use a 3 phase inverter with an AC output less than 16A per phase so crack on with that straight away and get the other one in immediately and call them next week and pester them about it

If you don't get the second one through you could just rate it down so that it is 16amps per phase. At this point it might be worth keeping it sub 10kwp if they want the higher fit level.

Planning... now there is a dilemma at the moment. Some of our clients are sticking two fingers up to that and telling us to crack on. They have paid for planning app's which may as well be bog roll right now and they are pretty p!ssed about it.

Hi

Yes, I have reduced the larger one to just under 10 as you suggested and our clients are happy with that....... Thank you

Funny you should mention planning, the same clients said forget it too as they've had previous experience - and will apply retrospectively if they are forced to ....... as a qualified surveyor myself I've had about 30 years experience of planning apps and planning officers - Nightmare!

Another client of mine was told by planning that they needed to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate so that the planning authority could tell them (6 weeks later!!) that they did not infact require planning at all!!!!! This cost them £100 plus my time and effort! I called up the lady planner and told her it was outrageous that they were advising people to apply for these certificates......

Another client of mine was told by planning that they needed to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate so that the planning authority could tell them (6 weeks later!!) that they did not infact require planning at all!!!!! This cost them £100 plus my time and effort! I called up the lady planner and told her it was outrageous that they were advising people to apply for these certificates......

Par for the course. Too many councils have been put out because the Permitted Development rights for solar on domestic buildings have cut them out of a nice little earner just as the number of installations was rocketing.

Yes, you're exactly right .... sad things it that they can happily get away with it by frightening householders who don't have the knowledge to challenge them ....

Reply to DNO Approval - Urgent in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock