Discuss DNO Earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

besenzig

The DNO earthing on a TN-S supply to the MET block is no more than 6mm. On the customers side the Main earthing from CU to MET is in 16mm and the bonding to the Gas and Water is in 10mm.

The Ze readings are low at 0.13, is there a requirement to get the earthing from the MET to the supply head upgraded to 16mm even though the Ze reading are within spec.

Thanks

no. if you apply the adiabatic, having found the pefc, you'll find that the 6mm is adequate.

Thanks telectrix, thought it was ok....

I've attached a picture, normally the lead sheath is exposed to attach a strap + 16mm earth to MET
for belt and braches approach. As you can see theres more tarmac on the incoming supply than in the main road so no way I'm going to try and strip this back to expose the lead sheath.
DNO Earthing {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

save pic on desktop, low resolution, then use insert image from computer. double click image, then upload.

still can't find the 'insert image option'....not having a good day.
in the task bar above tour reply window, 3rd icon from the right. That should give you the option to insert image from computer or url. Sometimes you only get the url option with ie.no problems with google chrome.

If the connection is hidden under the pitch, it's probably sweated onto the lead which is a better connection than a strap. Using the adiabatic you can get away with a surprisingly small conductor, as VD isn't an issue, around 6mm² would be 7/.044.

Thanks Lucien for the re-assuarnce. What bugs me most now is now so much the size of the DNO earth but how to upload a picture on this site, tried both IE and Chrome, none work. Perhaps the site Admin can help, anyone know how to contact them?

Thanks Lucien for the re-assuarnce. What bugs me most now is now so much the size of the DNO earth but how to upload a picture on this site, tried both IE and Chrome, none work. Perhaps the site Admin can help, anyone know how to contact them?
you need to go to advanced reply, its there.

you must be clicking on the wrong button

Thanks Lucien for the re-assurance. What bugs me most now is now so much the size of the DNO earth but how to upload a picture on this site, tried both IE and Chrome, none work. Perhaps the site Admin can help, anyone know how to contact them?
If you cannot add a picture using the insert image button, have you tried using the attachments button in go advanced
DNO Earthing attachments - EletriciansForums.net
and then adding the file to the list (if the computer option is available) upload and insert inline?
This is how I got this picture in.

I did a doubletake there - my tools used to be badged blue-purple too, with the same shades of tape. 'Why has he taken a picture of my Joistripper' I thought, until I realised my pliers don't look like that. After one of my colleagues decided to purplify his kit while away commissioning a ship where no-one else had purple, I switched to pink, as my stock answer to anything I don't know or don't want to answer is 'a pink one'

Reply to DNO Earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock