Discuss Do any sparks do underfloor heating? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Nicebloke

Just had a call to give someone a quote for dry underfloor heating which I declined as I haven't done it before and I'm sure it's within my capability to do it but I wouldn't quote for something I have no experience of.

Just curious if other electricians do dry underfloor heating?

I do the electrics but get the tiler to lay the mat!
Chicken!!

I hate the mats. I much rather do the separate wire type.

But as above, its just a matter of good planning. If I can i install two probes (one as a spare) or make very sure the probe conduit works properly.

Its a pain if the probe fails and its all tiled in......

Did some DIY, ten years ago and it's still working. My spark even tidied up the wiring by putting in FCU eight years ago. :oops: I don't mind tiling either so long as the surface is level :D

Yep, it's no problem. As has been said, assess output required, allow for under mat/wire insulation if going onto a solid floor etc. I always measure the insulation resistance of the mat prior to the tiles being laid and after - that way there is no argument if the tiler damages the cables:)

Yep, it's no problem. As has been said, assess output required, allow for under mat/wire insulation if going onto a solid floor etc. I always measure the insulation resistance of the mat prior to the tiles being laid and after - that way there is no argument if the tiler damages the cables:)

That's generally in the manufacturers instructions as well as measuring the resistance of the sensing probe wires. :)

Just had a call to give someone a quote for dry underfloor heating which I declined as I haven't done it before and I'm sure it's within my capability to do it but I wouldn't quote for something I have no experience of.

Just curious if other electricians do dry underfloor heating?
It's pretty easy. Have an under Matt, prime it with some pva type stuff and lay the elements which is on a sticky grid. Can get a bit tricky at the end if you have some spare, gotta detach it and snake it about. There's a thermo sensor at the beginning that gets cut into the matt.

a switched connection unit on the other side of the wall with the controller at switch height.

We've only done a couple however the hardest part was probably finding the feed for the SCU lol

Reply to Do any sparks do underfloor heating? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock