Discuss Do I have to do an AM2??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Richard.davies

I have just passed my NVQ pofolio and am just awaiting the certificate for it. I was told my my assessor that I dont need to do an AM2 because I have competed my apprenticeship but when I asked him about being JIB register he wasn't sure if I needed it. Is anyone 100% sure if I need it or not to be JIB register?

Thanks

I have just passed my NVQ pofolio and am just awaiting the certificate for it. I was told my my assessor that I dont need to do an AM2 because I have competed my apprenticeship but when I asked him about being JIB register he wasn't sure if I needed it. Is anyone 100% sure if I need it or not to be JIB register?

Thanks

What nvq did you do 2357 or 2356?

You will require the AM2 to get a gold jib installation electricians card. There are a couple of variable circumstances where you may not but I am not 100% sure in this particular scenario.

You won't get a gold card without your am2, not even sure you can complete an apprenticeship without it.
Anyway, why wouldn't you wanna do an easy 2day test to prove your worthy of your registration ?

You won't get a gold card without your am2, not even sure you can complete an apprenticeship without it.
Anyway, why wouldn't you wanna do an easy 2day test to prove your worthy of your registration ?

my assessor told me I don't need to do it so I thought, if it saves me a few hundred pounds then why bother but by the looks of things I'll have to do it. Ok, cheers all.

If you did the old nvq which by the sounds of it you did then you don't need the AM2. You just need the NVQ3, underpinning knowledge qualifications, 17th 2382 and a few years experience. The AM2 is only a requirement of the NVQ level 3 2357.

Last edited:
Exactly as Lee says.

I did not do AM2. I have 2356 NVQ3 and JIB Gold Card. Add 2391 or current equivalent to get Approved grade.

Sorry for my interest here, I we saying now that you can get full recognition as a qualified Electrician without showing proof of practical skills under exam conditions?

You didnt have to do the AM2 as part of the 2356 which the OP has.

You were required to do the AM2 as part of 2355 & 2356 NVQs if you were serving an Apprenticeship. I don't believe the exemptions to passing the AM2 applied to anyone doing an Apprenticeship registered with the JIB.

Reply to Do I have to do an AM2??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock