Discuss Do you have to be registered with a third party certification scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Darrensparky

Hi I'm Darren and I'm hoping to become a domestic electrician possibly self employed In the future I have been told by someone that In order to be a domestic installer I need to be registered with a third party certification scheme such as the NICEIC I was just wondering if this is true.

Thanks for for reading my post much appreciated

Hi I'm Darren and I'm hoping to become a domestic electrician possibly self employed In the future I have been told by someone that In order to be a domestic installer I need to be registered with a third party certification scheme such as the NICEIC I was just wondering if this is true.

Hi Darren.

Welcome along.

You'd be best to Google "part p building regulations" which should get you everything you need.

Then save up £500 for the annual membership fee...

as he said. read part p. you only need to be in a scam/scheme like niceic to notify the notifiable jobs. basically, that's new circuits, work in bathrooms, and CU replacements.

Competance is required laddy, welcome aboard.

Have a read up on google first as suggested. And before discussing domestic installer on this site prepare yourself by sticking the term in the search function and reading a few threads. It will be an eye opener for you.

Reply to Do you have to be registered with a third party certification scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net