Discuss Dodgy Customer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ACL

-
Reaction score
I am writing to warn you about Easy Services 24hr. They run a service company supplying electricians, plumbers etc to commercial companies and they use local trades people to provide this service.

I carried out a job with them on 9th April and I am still chasing them for payment. each time I contact their accounts department, they fob me off with which ever excuse they haven't used.
Firstly I was told the invoice was going to be paid 30 days from date of invoice. When I chased payment, they then told me that the customer was a different case and the invoice would be paid when they got paid.
Over the course of May and June I have phoned them numerous times and told that the cheque would be raised on a certain date then when I chased after this date they said if wasn't going to be raised for another week.
Then when it did not arrive I chased again only to be told that the cheque was with the director and they were waiting for it to return. This went on for another 3 weeks when I was eventually told the cheque was being put in the post on the 23rd June. I have chased again today 27th June only to be re-told that the cheque was still with the director and the woman I spoke to on the 23rd said that she never said the cheque would be in the post.

The managing dierctor of Easy Services 24hr, a man by the name of Laurence, must be very proud of his accounts department as they seem willing to lie through their back teeth every time I speak to them, to hold onto my money.

Please steer clear of this company unless you like doing work for nothing.

When I chased payment, they then told me that the customer was a different case and the invoice would be paid when they got paid.

Your contract is with Easy Services, ....Not there customer/client. Once they have actioned your services, they are liable for the whole sum agreed between you both. It has nothing whatsoever to do with there client paying or not paying them.

That's the legal side of things anyway

I have met a few people like this im afraid, they should be very careful who they do this to in this climate, could get messy very quickly with people struggling. Thanks for the info.

The fact is that they told me the invoice would be paid 30 days form date of invoice. I have never waited longer than 30 days for any money owed.

I wouldn't mind if I was told at the start that it would be 60 or 90 days, I would have had the choice if I wanted to take the work.

O.K here's the fix... you send in writing, a fixed date that the payment must be made (seven days is considered to be fair)and stipulate that if payment is not recieved by the close of business on the due date then at the start of business the next working day court proceedings shall begin to retrieve said monies, after this point no monies will be accepted by your company without recompense for time and legal costs and interest at 5% per week of the bill etc. Don't be fobbed off by them saying they have paid it at 17-30 on the last day and it will take ... days to clear, make the point that the money must be cleared in your account by this date.
Trust me, i have to do this at least a dozen times a year. They will pay you before going to court. The only time this has failed me i started court procedings, it cost £25-00 to do on-line and is very simple (takes a month or two but you can add interest to the payments) and you get all monies back in the end.
Good Luck

Take them to the small claims court, you can get the court to send all the documents for about £80.00 which will be refunded when you win.

Isn't there a minimum of 60 - 90 days waiting after customer recieves invoice though?

I thought that a previous government had changed it to 30 days after which you where entitled to start charging intrest on the monies that where outstanding to you but a lot off people don't as the people they are owed money by are regular customers and they don't want to lose the business.

I'm not sure its just what I have heard Ian. Within 60-90days any firm could go bust especially if you need to pay men!

'O.K here's the fix... you send in writing, a fixed date that the payment must be made (seven days is considered to be fair)and stipulate that if payment is not recieved by the close of business on the due date then at the start of business the next working day court proceedings shall begin to retrieve said monies'

This is absolutly the right approach. Start a paper trail and in court it will be alot easier.

I was going to link to that one as well. I have on the bottom of my invoices 'payment within 14 days ' and my business bank account details to pay it in to. The interest calculator is good, you put the amount owed in and the due date and it works out what you can charge. I have used it 3 times and twice had a response within 1/2 hour of e-mailing the revised bill.

I am writing to warn you about Easy Services 24hr. They run a service company supplying electricians, plumbers etc to commercial companies and they use local trades people to provide this service.

I carried out a job with them on 9th April and I am still chasing them for payment. each time I contact their accounts department, they fob me off with which ever excuse they haven't used.
Firstly I was told the invoice was going to be paid 30 days from date of invoice. When I chased payment, they then told me that the customer was a different case and the invoice would be paid when they got paid.
Over the course of May and June I have phoned them numerous times and told that the cheque would be raised on a certain date then when I chased after this date they said if wasn't going to be raised for another week.
Then when it did not arrive I chased again only to be told that the cheque was with the director and they were waiting for it to return. This went on for another 3 weeks when I was eventually told the cheque was being put in the post on the 23rd June. I have chased again today 27th June only to be re-told that the cheque was still with the director and the woman I spoke to on the 23rd said that she never said the cheque would be in the post.

The managing dierctor of Easy Services 24hr, a man by the name of Laurence, must be very proud of his accounts department as they seem willing to lie through their back teeth every time I speak to them, to hold onto my money.

Please steer clear of this company unless you like doing work for nothing.

Hi Acl

They are from Essex and it don't look good for you !
We have been doing call outs for them for a couple of years and they stopped paying about 5 months ago , they currently owe us just shy of £2000 + .
The cheeky b"""ards still phone with job's , Friday was the last time !
We were going to go legal next week , i see you are only 10 miles away from us it may help to hit them both together ?
If you like pm your number and maybe we can sort something out .

sorry for delay in replying, HMCS Money Claim On-line is the site i used to start court procedings, it's govenment run as far as i can tell and really simple to use.

Reply to Dodgy Customer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock